There are 320 users in the forums

How many more years is Gore our starter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many more years is Gore our starter?

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
sigh...this season was prob his last best one

Ugh pains me to say.. but it might be...

He doesnt fight for extra yardage, hes a little slower, hes not catching the ball as well...

I just dont know... this Giants game has me all effed up...
None, he's done as a Bell Cow, he looked like hamburger tonight, and frankly (pardon the pun) he has been terrible most of this season, so I guess LAST year should have been his last year. "Better to lose a player a year to soon that keep him a year to long"~ Bill Walsh!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Gore looked that old horse running his last race. He will be back but he shouldnt get all the carries. We need to dump Dixon and get another RB to split the carries.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
None, he's done as a Bell Cow, he looked like hamburger tonight, and frankly (pardon the pun) he has been terrible most of this season, so I guess LAST year should have been his last year. "Better to lose a player a year to soon that keep him a year to long"~ Bill Walsh!

I wouldn't say he was terrible, but he definitely does not look like the same player he was a few years ago.
Everyone keeps wanting to write this guy's eulogy. I definitely am in favor of him continuing to start, with a 60-40% split on carries. Hunter is too talented to not see the field more often.

yea there were certain games he seemed out of it , maybe its age getting the best of him... no more young legs to go an entire season and every game. I just see him going downhill from here, can still be somewhat productive next 2 years max, but i think we should look for a replacement if need be.
Huge Gore Fan Here!...but...

I would not mind a straight 50 50 split with Hunter next season

Rule 1 for football fans....don't fall in love with any player....for RB's...doubly so
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

yea there were certain games he seemed out of it , maybe its age getting the best of him... no more young legs to go an entire season and every game. I just see him going downhill from here, can still be somewhat productive next 2 years max, but i think we should look for a replacement if need be.

And Kyle Wlliams cost him a shot at a ring! We gotta win one for him next year, because sooner than you think he will be waste of a roster spot!
I have and will always be a Frank Gore fan! The man is a team first ball so hard player!!! But every time he had a run past 4-5 yards last night he motioned to come out. I just don't think he is an all down back anymore. His body seems to be holding him back. He doesn't have breakaway speed that is needed either. I want him to be on the roster as long as he wants to be here because he's amazing for the team. But I think the reason why Gore had 13 & 16 touches in the playoffs is that the coaches know something we don't. Time to look for our next feature back! What do you all think?
Its over. we should not have paid him that money but Im happy he got it

HIRE GIRE!
I was impressed with him not fumbling the ball this year. He used to fumble at least once in every other game in previous years.
Originally posted by 49erfrick:
I was impressed with him not fumbling the ball this year. He used to fumble at least once in every other game in previous years.

i know he fumbled at least once this year against the bucs in the redzone. but then carlos rogers took it back for a pick 6
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Future with Frank sounds like a made for TV movie.
2 things possibly happened.

Frank finally hit the RB age wall mid-season (28, with MULTIPLE key injuries)

Harbs ego got in the way and he really wanted to show the world how well he coached up alex.
Share 49ersWebzone