There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many more years is Gore our starter?

How many more years is Gore our starter?

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Dixon is in the dog house with this coaching group. He will probably be replaced by a draft pick soon.

I don't see that happening and I don't recall the coaching staff saying hes in the dog house either. To be frank (no pun intended) the reason he is third on the depth chart (this is my opinion) is that Hunter is just a better change of pace running back, where as Dixon is some what of the same kind of RB that Gore is, of course Dixon is a lot less polished. I think the 49ers will bring in someone new at RB next year and Dixon might see some FB play in TC and preseason.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I don't understand why Dixon doesn't play more. Good things happen when he touches the ball.

hes a meh player to me. I think he should be used for goal line situations.
One, maybe two.
I think next season could be his last as a starter. If Dixon doesnt step up I would be looking to draft lattimore next year . him and hunter would be unstoppable
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Dixon is in the dog house with this coaching group. He will probably be replaced by a draft pick soon.

I don't see that happening and I don't recall the coaching staff saying hes in the dog house either. To be frank (no pun intended) the reason he is third on the depth chart (this is my opinion) is that Hunter is just a better change of pace running back, where as Dixon is some what of the same kind of RB that Gore is, of course Dixon is a lot less polished. I think the 49ers will bring in someone new at RB next year and Dixon might see some FB play in TC and preseason.

It was reported during the bye week that the coaching staff didn't like his work ethic and maturity. He seemed to get to wild after making special teams tackles and they told him he needed to cool it. And he admitted he could improve in that area.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Jan 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM ]
The thing I dont see from Gore anymore was his explosiveness going thru the line. He was never fast, losing a step in his case may not hinder him. I have been wondering if this year was his last as a featured back.
He might be the "starter" for a couple more years, but his carries will be just slightly higher that Hunter. Gore breaks down every year, looks great at times, not so in others. Yesterday...not so good, but Hunter had 4.8 per carry. I don't see Dixon as anything other that goal line and short yardage.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
The thing I dont see from Gore anymore was his explosiveness going thru the line. He was never fast, losing a step in his case may not hinder him. I have been wondering if this year was his last as a featured back.

Agree, he used to push his way through the hole, now he is stopped in the whole if it is not big enough...
i wanna see Gore get a ring and 10,000 yards. Only then can he retire
I think Gore has one, maybe two, good years left in his body, and it pains me to say that. I think the coaching staff is going to be keeping a good eye on him next season. I don't think they hesitate to pull him from the starting ranks at the first sign of slowing. I never thought I'd say this but it won't shock me at all if he is supplanted by Hunter mid-season 2012. I really hope I'm wrong though.
I think we need to draft a back this year, you don't set "All time" records at the beginning of your career! I would picture Frank being used much like he has been the last 3-4 games, no more "Bell Cow". Just anther back in the rotation.
we will be moving more towards a 2 back system. and i dont just mean putting kendall in when frank gets tired and worn down. i mean rotating them in and out, they can both run between the tackles, off tackle, and sometimes on the outside. so its not like defenses can read it.
limiting franks carries will only help him. i think he's got a solid 2-3 years left if we use him in that capacity. keep him fresh throughout the year.
2 then reduced role in thhe 3rd year.
What people don't get is that even if Gore was healthier/younger we'd still be taking him out of games/resting him the way we have this year. -Anybody else watch other NFL teams? -We use 3 different RBs a game (like the Saints and Ravens), it's called smart coaching with depth cart rotation.

You guys are so used to Jimmy Raye and Nolan that you don't really know what an NFL team is like anymore, even after seeing why we're 13-3...
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 2, 2012 at 1:54 PM ]
I have two Gore jerseys and have always been a fan, but its time to move on; starting next season.

Sure he had 5 straight hundred yard rushing 100 games this season, but I put a lot of that production on the offensive line and scheme. It worked really well in the middle of the season, because our jumbo packages was something teams had never seen. Then, after enough film was out, teams caught on and his running production dropped off. I'm not saying Gore is washed up, but he is no longer an elite running back. All you have to do is look at this YPC this year vs. Hunter. Gore has 4.3 ypc, while Hunter averaged 4.2.

The truth is, all things must come to an end. 8 years as a featured back in the NFL is a very long time. The time to move is now, not 2 years from now when he actually becomes a liability. If we can cut/trade Joe, Jerry and Lott, we certainly can move on from Gore (as painful as it may be).