There are 178 users in the forums

Inside the Saints offense for the niners= Goodwin ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our center this year was saints center last year! He can give our D lots of info on the saints protection calls at the line. Thats a big advantage to me. Any thoughts ?
[ Edited by superniner on Jan 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM ]
Even more reason Baalke is exec of year.

"you have been planning this all day? I have been planning this all week son."
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Didnt they get Franklin though? Which is like an exact counter lol. Though isn't he injured?
Originally posted by JMC52:
Didnt they get Franklin though? Which is like an exact counter lol. Though isn't he injured?

Except we're running a completely different system. Plus, teams were figuring out our play-calls without the help of any insider knowledge anyways.
Originally posted by JMC52:

Don't think so. The niners changed coaching staff, things changed.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Even more reason Baalke is exec of year.

"you have been planning this all day? I have been planning this all week son."

Baalke:

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen *evil laugh*"
That's a possibility it could be huge for us and Brett Swain could possibly help as well if we go to Green Bay but Goodwin is more likely to know all the Saints calls and Drew Brees' calls.
I'm sure the protection calls have changed. These guys are professionals. I'm assume the schemes are about the same and he might be able to help in that department.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
That's a possibility it could be huge for us and Brett Swain could possibly help as well if we go to Green Bay but Goodwin is more likely to know all the Saints calls and Drew Brees' calls.

put Goodwin on Defense as a DT, he'll probaly knows the play jk.

Here we go! I think he can give us a ton of info. I have a feeling this is going to be a good week to be a niner fan.
Originally posted by Youngb:
I'm sure the protection calls have changed. These guys are professionals. I'm assume the schemes are about the same and he might be able to help in that department.

I thought the same thing, until the Eagles played the Cardinals and Kolb was yelling the plays that they were running to the arizona defense.
Originally posted by Num1player16:
Originally posted by Youngb:

I thought the same thing, until the Eagles played the Cardinals and Kolb was yelling the plays that they were running to the arizona defense.

lol true
he was the saints center. he knows all about their offense.... he knows their calls, their audibles, etc. can he assist our defense at all?

another question. did harbaugh purposely sign him because he KNEW we would play the saints in the playoffs?

final question. did he also sign brett swain because we will play the packers in the nfc title game?

harbaugh you tebow damn genius!
lol @ badloss
Share 49ersWebzone