LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

An all time 49er NFL record is seemingly safe for a long time...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure if anyone picked up on this, but I heard this following the Patriots/Dolphins game two weeks ago....

The Dolphins beating the Patriots snapped a 14 game road win streak that New England had going.

The all time record is 18 by the 49ers, from mid 1988 until the end of 1990, snapped in the 1991 season opener against the Giants.

This was a record that the NFL Network had on their Top 10 "Records That Will Never Be Broken", and I had no idea it was this close just now!!

Had they won the last two games, it would have been 16 with only two games to go next season!

So now, best case scenario is the road win streak started last week and they have to win every road game in 2018 and 2019, and maybe one game in 2020....( I don't know if playoffs count for the streak....if so, it could theoretically be done by the end of 2019 in a best case scenario). I'll have to check if the win against the Bears in the '88 NFCC counts in the streak....

Knowing what we know about the team now, Brady's age, etc......it just seems so unlikely moving forward. It got pretty close now, but safe to say there's going to need to be a next mega dynasty to break it..........

Maybe a Jimmy GQ led Niners breaks their own record....

This was one record along with the # of 10 win seasons that I hoped the Niners would never relinquish to the Patriots....to distance our team as a more powerful dynasty regardless of comparing salary cap/free agency/etc. The Patriots I believe are only one or two 10 wins seasons away from tying the Niners, but road win streak is out for sure.

Nice job Dolphins!!!!.......for once they are the reason for the champagne popping!!!
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Dec 22, 2017 at 8:21 PM ]
This was on NFL Top 10 "Records that will never be broken"
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
… I don't know if playoffs count for the streak....if so, it could theoretically be done by the end of 2019 in a best case scenariom …

My recollection of the record …
It's a regular season consecutive win streak, sans the playoffs
It was the striped socks
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone