Not a member? Register Now!

Braylon Edwards released

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

Enough with the cancer crap, its old. He hasn't been a "cancer" since his 49er and Iggle days. The problem that Owens has had the last 6 years or so have been the camera wont leave his sights, hes been under a micro scope since he left San Fran and Philly. Every great WR has complained to his QB for not getting him the ball just ask Irvin, Carter and Rice.
Forget the cancer thing, he's just an old WR with a bad knee.

im sure it's more than healed up by now?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

Enough with the cancer crap, its old. He hasn't been a "cancer" since his 49er and Iggle days. The problem that Owens has had the last 6 years or so have been the camera wont leave his sights, hes been under a micro scope since he left San Fran and Philly. Every great WR has complained to his QB for not getting him the ball just ask Irvin, Carter and Rice.

We should at least bring him in & work him out - see if he is at 100%. I mean how many other options do we have?
Originally posted by Nes49:
Sign TO!

We should at least bring him in & work him out - see if he is at 100%. I mean how many other options do we have?

Ziggy.... which wouldnt be a bad signing at all
Sign TO!

four other options.

I agree 100%
Wow, didn't expect this.
Sign TO!

not gonna happen
Damn this crap sucks! I believe he still has a lot left to be explosive in this league. It was just a bad year for him
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Not sure why all the hate on Braylon. I havent heard anything of him being a lockerroom cancer or have I heard him complain.

I think it was a move just to clear a roster spot for another WR. I think they felt like he just couldn't contribute anything going forward because of his injuries.

The hate is from peeps who thought he was gonna be a Pro Bowl receiver and it never happened.

The guy just isn't right physically. This wasn't a move about Braylon in the locker room. It was a simple numbers game. The Niners needed the roster spot and Braylon wasn't contributing.

Is there a reason he couldn't have been put on IR? He's struggled with this injury for quite a while, I can't think of a reason why they couldn't do it. Can Edwards refuse to go on IR? To me if IR is an option, releasing him doesn't make sense unless there was some other issue in which case his release would also be a statement to the players (assuming their was a locker room issue) that they organization will not tolerate unacceptable behavior.

Why would they? He's on a 1 year deal anyway. Just cut him loose.

They can't clear him to play and then put him on IR. Just looks bad.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Sign TO!

four other options.

Joe Hastings. Chris Chambers. Brian Finneran. are names I read. Maybe Im just overreactioning about Braylon Edwards. I sure Harbaugh has something in mind
Originally posted by bleedTHEredngold:
dumb move.... if he gets picked up by any playoff team he'll be able to let them in on all plays and audibles.. should have waited

I don't really understand this move.
Perhaps Joe Hastings comes up from the PS and shocks us all??
Sign TO!

four other options.

Joe Hastings. Chris Chambers. Brian Finneran. are names I read. Maybe Im just overreactioning about Braylon Edwards. I sure Harbaugh has something in mind

those three and Konrad Reuland
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Sign TO!

four other options.

those three and Konrad Reuland

I miss Josh Morgan....
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by bleedTHEredngold:
dumb move.... if he gets picked up by any playoff team he'll be able to let them in on all plays and audibles.. should have waited

I don't really understand this move.

Why?

Who was the least productive WR on the roster (outside of Brett Swain)?

Niners hope Walker can come back for playoffs and need the roster spot.

Can you really afford to keep 2 clearly injured players on the roster at receiving posotions?

If the answer is no, then you have to choose between Walker and Edwards. Its a clear choice for me.