LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Braylon Edwards released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
@ all the people asking for TO.

Not gonna happen people, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Nostalgia's a helluva drug.
I want to see the 49ers sign Owens just to see the Webzone Explode !
[ Edited by spizzy on Dec 27, 2011 at 11:04 AM ]
Originally posted by AldonGood99:
Can't keep two guys on the roster who can't play. That would have been the case if Braylon stayed on while Delanie would be hurt. Unless you are entrenched in a starting role, you better be versatile and able to contribute on ST. Braylon couldn't do that. This was a numbers move. Braylon just couldn't get healthy but I think he carried himself well. Never misspoke while a Niner, making excuses and all that. I disliked him greatly as a Jet but he earned some respect from me during his time here in SF.

I hope he rehabs and signs a really cheap deal with us, because when healthy he can ball.

I totally agree with this.

I don't think this was a "get the hell out" thing. I think it was just a numbers game and the Niners needed the roster spot to keep Walker off IR.

Edwards composed himself well. He just couldn't get right after first hurting his knee and then his shoulder.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Not sure why all the hate on Braylon. I havent heard anything of him being a lockerroom cancer or have I heard him complain.

I think it was a move just to clear a roster spot for another WR. I think they felt like he just couldn't contribute anything going forward because of his injuries.

The hate is from peeps who thought he was gonna be a Pro Bowl receiver and it never happened.

The guy just isn't right physically. This wasn't a move about Braylon in the locker room. It was a simple numbers game. The Niners needed the roster spot and Braylon wasn't contributing.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 27, 2011 at 11:07 AM ]
Too bad for Braylon - had an unlucky year. Good luck in 2012!
He'll be back.
Originally posted by Joecool:
He'll be back.

Possibly. He didn't burn his bridge leaving. It was just a numbers game.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He'll be back.

Not with the niners.
peace out to Braylon. Wish he could have contributed

Can someone please explain why it's laughable that we would sign TO? When was it made clear that (this) 49er's organization had NO interest in signing him????
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Not sure why all the hate on Braylon. I havent heard anything of him being a lockerroom cancer or have I heard him complain.

I think it was a move just to clear a roster spot for another WR. I think they felt like he just couldn't contribute anything going forward because of his injuries.

The hate is from peeps who thought he was gonna be a Pro Bowl receiver and it never happened.

The guy just isn't right physically. This wasn't a move about Braylon in the locker room. It was a simple numbers game. The Niners needed the roster spot and Braylon wasn't contributing.

Is there a reason he couldn't have been put on IR? He's struggled with this injury for quite a while, I can't think of a reason why they couldn't do it. Can Edwards refuse to go on IR? To me if IR is an option, releasing him doesn't make sense unless there was some other issue in which case his release would also be a statement to the players (assuming their was a locker room issue) that they organization will not tolerate unacceptable behavior.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
He'll be back.

doubt it. they'll look at a few other FA WRs before even thinking about bringing him back.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

Enough with the cancer crap, its old. He hasn't been a "cancer" since his 49er and Iggle days. The problem that Owens has had the last 6 years or so have been the camera wont leave his sights, hes been under a micro scope since he left San Fran and Philly. Every great WR has complained to his QB for not getting him the ball just ask Irvin, Carter and Rice.
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Dec 27, 2011 at 11:22 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

Enough with the cancer crap, its old. He hasn't been a "cancer" since his 49er and Iggle days. The problem that Owens has had the last 6 years or so have been the camera wont leave his sights, hes been under a micro scope since he left San Fran and Philly. Every great WR has complained to his QB for not getting him the ball just ask Irvin, Carter and Rice.
Forget the cancer thing, he's just an old WR with a bad knee.
Share 49ersWebzone