There are 203 users in the forums

Question about trying to always win the game....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hypothetically, let's say we were playing the game vs. the Rams needing only to win or TIE to clinch the #2 seed (I guess that would mean N.O. tied vs. Carolina?)...and let's say we were in overtime on the Rams' 20 with 1 second left. Do we kick the field goal to win the game, or do we take a knee knowing a tie is just as good as the win and knowing that if STL miraculously blocked the kick and returned it for a TD, we'd lose the bye...in other words, when you know a tie is just as good as a win, do you risk losing the game (granted it's a very low chance, but still) in order to win the game (very good chance), or do you do the logical thing and settle for the tie?
If a tie guarantee's a the 2 Seed, I'd just kneel it. Harbaugh wouldn't though lol.
[ Edited by sfgip10 on Dec 27, 2011 at 3:10 AM ]
oh cool
Some of these threads are just plain crazy! WTF!
you take the knee and the whole team runs on the field and does the macarena
Originally posted by sfgip10:
If a tie guarantee's a the 2 Seed, I'd just kneel it. Harbaugh wouldn't though lol.

Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by sfgip10:

I think he means if NO ties, then we just kneel, get the 2 seed based on tiebreaker.
Akers has earned the right to kick the ball..........period.
WHAT???
"I WANT WINNERS!"

-Mike Singletary

We go for the win, just like you would any other game. You don't give the Lambs an opportunity to feel confident they can beat us in OT. We go into this game to win, period. No matter the circumstances.
Hahahaha what?????
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
We go for the win, just like you would any other game. You don't give the Lambs an opportunity to feel confident they can beat us in OT. We go into this game to win, period. No matter the circumstances.

So you'd rather have a 99% chance of getting the 2 seed, a bye, and hosting New Orleans and a 1% chance of getting the 3 seed, no bye, and playing IN New Orleans vs. the sure thing slam dunk 100% chance of the 2 seed?? Can you IMAGINE the backlash if we only needed to tie and we kicked a FG as time was expiring in OT that was blocked and returned for 6?
What is up with these incredibly retarded threads lately?

*in Herm Edwards voice* " HELLO! You play to win the game"
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
You have the best kicker in the entire NFL....
Share 49ersWebzone