LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Can Aldon Smith break the rookie sack record (14.5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can Aldon Smith break the rookie sack record (14.5)

He has 14.0 sacks and 1 game to go. 0.5 to tie and 1.0 to break it. What do you think?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He has 14.0 sacks and 1 game to go. 0.5 to tie and 1.0 to break it. What do you think?

This!
Originally posted by ninercrue666:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This!

IMO he should be tied for it right now. I saw all 3 of his sacks on MNF against the Steelers, and I didn't see him get any help. They only credited him with 2.5...
Originally posted by Niners99:
IMO he should be tied for it right now. I saw all 3 of his sacks on MNF against the Steelers, and I didn't see him get any help. They only credited him with 2.5...

Well I seem to remember them cheating him on one where there was a penalty. The thing that amazes me about Aldon is he has great body control too. He doesn't hit too low or too high which is hard to do when you are running through super fast and getting blocked. He doesn't make penalties. He's so displined.
Heck yah he will! Aldon the cobra Smith will get a sac against st. louis! St. Louis has no wr so the qb who ever is gonna play needs time to make play. ALdon Smith will get there fast enough for at least 1 sack.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The cobra will do it.
DO IT! DO IT!!
Originally posted by Niners99:

He actually had four. One of them was negated by a penalty in the secondary, on another Justin Smith caused a fumble which credited him with half of Aldon's sack, thus removing half a sack away from Aldon. It's silly, but if Justin Smith did not cause that fumble, Aldon would have gotten the full sack.
I guarantee they put him in a position to do it, I am sure the team wants Aldon to have that record as much as Aldon wants it for himself.

Damn right he can.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Damn right he can.

Not likely. He has been luckly all year. He should have been drafted after JJ Watt.
  • Huego
  • Veteran
whoever votes no should be banned
If he doesn't get it he sucks.
Share 49ersWebzone