There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What will be the date and time of our first playoff game?

If we clinch the #2 seed and our first playoff game is the NFC Division game, when would our game be played? I know they play some playoff games on Saturday and some on Sunday. I've looked around the internet and can't find anything. Does anyone know what day the game will be played??? I need to put in a vacation day at work!
[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Dec 24, 2011 at 7:47 PM ]
I'm pretty sure the #1 seed plays Sunday for the NFC.

Not 100%
  • obx49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,415
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
If we clinch the #2 seed and our first playoff game is the NFC Division game, when would our game be played? I know they play some playoff games on Saturday and some on Sunday. I've looked around the internet and can't find anything. Does anyone know what day the game will be played??? I need to put in a vacation day at work!

bump cause i would like to know too.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I'm pretty sure the #1 seed plays Sunday for the NFC.

Not 100%

The Falcons last year and the Saints 2 years ago both played on Saturday.

I just think that it has to do with ratings. They'll put the most attractive matchups on Sunday usually.
If we get the bye our game would be played on either the 14th or the 15th of January. I don't think it's set yet when EXACTLY our game would be played that weekend.
17th anniversary of the '94 NFC championship...
That being said, I can definitely see us being a Saturday game. Those games are usually at 4:30 and 8. If they play on Sunday, they'd be locked into the 4:30 slot, which the networks probably wouldn't go for if the other Sun game is a game involving the Patriots, Packers, Cowboys, etc. They'd want that game in the 4:30 slot.
http://www.nflfootballschedule.org/2011/08/2012-nfl-playoff-schedule/
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
http://www.nflfootballschedule.org/2011/08/2012-nfl-playoff-schedule/

So is that saying if the #1 seed in the NFC played on Sunday last year, they would play on Saturday this year, and rotate back and fourth each year?
it would be sunday
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
http://www.nflfootballschedule.org/2011/08/2012-nfl-playoff-schedule/


Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
it would be sunday

According to the link it will be played on January 14th, which is a Saturday. So why do you think it will be on a Sunday?
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
http://www.nflfootballschedule.org/2011/08/2012-nfl-playoff-schedule/


Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
it would be sunday

According to the link it will be played on January 14th, which is a Saturday. So why do you think it will be on a Sunday?

I get Saturday too

9ers get a Saturday night playoff game !!!
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,736
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
http://www.nflfootballschedule.org/2011/08/2012-nfl-playoff-schedule/


Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
it would be sunday

According to the link it will be played on January 14th, which is a Saturday. So why do you think it will be on a Sunday?

I get Saturday too

9ers get a Saturday night playoff game !!!

Saturday night @ Home? No More Blackouts!
Originally posted by VDSF:
Saturday night @ Home? No More Blackouts!

The stadium didn't fail , it was a faulty Transformer outside of the stadium that did
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by VDSF:
Saturday night @ Home? No More Blackouts!

The stadium didn't fail , it was a faulty Transformer outside of the stadium that did

Are you calling the Transformers, FAULTY?



It is a Saturday night game. Take both Saturday and Sunday off. Shut off the phones. Send the kids out trick or treating.

It's Niner time.
[ Edited by IWasWrongRubber on Dec 25, 2011 at 9:20 AM ]