There are 205 users in the forums

nfl.com says we have secured a 1st round bye but i dont agree..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
on a serious note, we should go to a 4-3 with smith, ice, rac mac, smith then bowman, willis, and whom ever maybe draft a faster lb

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
on a serious note, we should go to a 4-3 with smith, ice, rac mac, smith then bowman, willis, and whom ever maybe draft a faster lb

We're the best defense in NFL - and we have by far the best front 7. Why do people want to completely change the scheme is beyond? It's not easy to just switch from 3-4 to 4-3, and can sometimes takes years for the whole defense to be on same page. Now, that the whole front 7 is playing well together, you want to go back to 4-3?

look i'm not saying switch, by any means... trust i love what i'm seeing, but you have to admit that a front 4 like that every down would be scary with bowman and willis running sideline to sideline making plays all over the field.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
look i'm not saying switch, by any means... trust i love what i'm seeing, but you have to admit that a front 4 like that every down would be scary with bowman and willis running sideline to sideline making plays all over the field.

It already is scary. 3-4 defense gives us the flexibility, and creates confusion and offense has to figure out who will be the 4th rusher. This confusion helps us to create pressure consistently with just 4 rushers. To create pass-rush in 4-3, you often need pure-speed rushers - and we don't have those. We have the ideal personnel to run 3-4, not 4-3.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Chilo for slot WR

Nah...Chilo should be the holder. He has a lot of experience being on the ground.
So Delanie and Kyle get injured, let alone Ginn already being injured, and you're worried about our front 7? bronx

it's time for !
I gets teh chills!

Well lets just try to win this last regular season game first. I have a feeling the Saints are going to win against the Falcons so we will need it.... Anyway I don't want a slip up when we are this used to the 2nd seed and a 1st round bye. Critical IMO. Just huge. Don't mess this up. Didn't the Rams beat the Saints? I mean it can happen. No joke.

I will talk playoffs when we get there....
Just a three game win streak away from winning the Super Bowl
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

No. They have to win their last regular season game. So that would be 4...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

We can do this. GB did it last year as a #6 seed.

Share 49ersWebzone