LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Delaine walker.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Tight end Vernon Davis indicates that teammate Delanie Walker has a broken jaw after being kneed in the side of the face early Saturday.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Tight end Vernon Davis indicates that teammate Delanie Walker has a broken jaw after being kneed in the side of the face early Saturday.

http://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/150755336930852864

http://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/150755336930852864

That sucks. We're now thin at a position we need depth in.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
That sucks. We're now thin at a position we need depth in.

whats that one stanfords TE name started with an R and was hella long he ahs good hands but undersized still i think we can use him about now i think he is on the PS
I just want to say thank u to all the fans that care about I love all u but ill be back real soon..
http://twitter.com/#!/Dwalk46/status/150753718130847744

Walker tweet
Can you wire a jaw shut and put a huge facemask on and a double chin strap and still play? It's the playoffs. Just sayin...
Great team win tonight but everyone keep @Dwalk46 and @KyleWilliams_10 in your prayers for a fast recovery! #49erfaithful Merry Christmas!!
http://twitter.com/#!/IWilliams95/status/150758375280476161
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by RedNGoldBlooded:
Possible Lefort fracture.

Where are you getting your information from?

I'm just guessing from what I saw

How can you guess that from what you saw without any media reports of such?....

Bc I work with trauma to the face as a career.

Well at least let the media confirmations come out first. You don't know. You weren't down on the field. You just watched it on TV like the rest of us.
They just said the same thing on Comcast, possible broken jaw.

They are probably taking a PAN x-ray and then a CT scan. If confirmed, oral surgery in the AM on Christmas
they are all speculating we will see
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Can you wire a jaw shut and put a huge facemask on and a double chin strap and still play? It's the playoffs. Just sayin...

wire that s**t shut!! now we can call him D Lock

take the rams game off, we will have the bye and he will be back for our playoff game....s**t if boldin can come back in 3 games from getting his dome caved in for the regular season, he can do it for the playoffs

Originally posted by Tman:

take the rams game off, we will have the bye and he will be back for our playoff game....s**t if boldin can come back in 3 games from getting his dome caved in for the regular season, he can do it for the playoffs

I guess it's a lot to ask. And there is certainly risk. But I'm just saying. Maybe you could put a huge facemask that comes a lot lower and a double chin strap to hold it on real good. I'm just guessing maybe it's possible. Maybe it's too risky and impossible. And I certainly wouldn't blame somebody if they couldn't play under that circumstance.

I guess it's a lot to ask. And there is certainly risk. But I'm just saying. Maybe you could put a huge facemask that comes a lot lower and a double chin strap to hold it on real good. I'm just guessing maybe it's possible. Maybe it's too risky and impossible. And I certainly wouldn't blame somebody if they couldn't play under that circumstance.

There are a lot of very important structures that a upper jaw fracture can communicate with, including the eye socket and important cranial nerves. Sepsis of the fracture could cause life long complications including death.

There are a lot of very important structures that a upper jaw fracture can communicate with, including the eye socket and important cranial nerves. Sepsis of the fracture could cause life long complications including death.

Ok so you are saying he can't....

Ok so you are saying he can't....

Actually no, it is possible.

But right now I would be more concerned about his health considering how many complications can occur from this injury and surgery if indeed it is a serious fracture.

I believe Boldin had a similar injury against the Jets back in the day and returned (many weeks later)

So you're saying he could play in the playoff game if he has the jaw removed...

Share 49ersWebzone