There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who Gets More This Season: Alex Smith TD's or Aldon Smith Sacks? (UPDATED FOR 2012)

Who Gets More This Season: Alex Smith TD's or Aldon Smith Sacks? (UPDATED FOR 2012)

Good thread

Tough to bet against Aldon right now. But bet is on this offense getting 20TD by Smith passing. Not sure that Aldon can blow it up and get 7 sack the next 2 games. That would be the sh*t though
Coach Harbaugh should seriously spotlight this race between the 2 Smiths....nothing like a little friendly, intrateam competition to light a fire on both sides of the ball late in the season...
If Aldon sacks Alex does that count as a negative sack ?
Originally posted by susweel:

it causes a blown transformer and a hole in the space-time continuum...
dirty thread
To be honest real quick, if Aldon got up to 'just' 17 sacks (and I seriously hope Alex gets at least a few more TD passes), that would qualify as one of, if not, the greatest rookie defensive season of all time.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
To be honest real quick, if Aldon got up to 'just' 17 sacks (and I seriously hope Alex gets at least a few more TD passes), that would qualify as one of, if not, the greatest rookie defensive season of all time.

The rookie record is 14.5, held by Javon Kearse. He only needs 2 sacks to set the record.

Aldon Smith...gulp...is a better rookie than Patrick Willis was.
Originally posted by okdkid:

The rookie record is 14.5, held by Javon Kearse. He only needs 2 sacks to set the record.

yeah that's what I mean, 13 to go with two games left, both of which have the prospects (qb/oline-wise) to result in multiple sacks for him in each is really, really remarkable. especially as a situational only player.

on the Willis note, we all know he was great, and how good his rookie season was, but he was just as good then as he is now, and that's why he was so easily DROY in 07. The REAL scary thing about Aldon is that he's still raw, and hasn't even really gotten close to reaching his ceiling..
Originally posted by okdkid:

good karma attached to this award, kearse played in the sb his rookie year, cheers to us doing the same
They will both end up with 20
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Great Scott !!!

Great Scott !!!

That's heavy

twice

Great Scott !!!

They will get a positive charge out of it