There are 225 users in the forums

Cris Carter, on the niners defense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This morning on Mike and Mike in the morning, Cris Carter was asked by Greenberg if the niners were the team to beat the Packers and or Saints...get this he said no! because we are a base 4-3 and if we have to play the nickel we will struggle, and we are not a nickel or dime defense, which would cause us to fall behind!. that big dummy! does he not know that Aldon Smith has gotten his sacks out of the nickel and that thats what we play as the game goes on a big nickel?! we are a base 3-4 Aldon Smith can drop back on coverage too, i guess that why he's not in Canton yet the Dummy doesnt know defenses. at least not now
Cris Carter.....C'mon man!!!
Must be on coke again.
If there is a defense to beat the packers it is definitely us because we can apply pressure on Rodgers and force turnovers. However, I agree with Chris that this game wasn't truly convincing. Big Ben made bad throws and decisions due to his ankle, and for that reason he also couldn't avoid pressure. We took on a PITT team that wasn't 100%. That being said, we didn't just win this game we dominated. So we may have still won even if Ben was 100%.
I was cracking up last night listening to 95.7 while in waiting in the parking lot, I forget exactly what was said, but it was something along the lines of "as an analyst, chris carter doesn't know ****". Seems they were right, lol.

Yeah, I heard that and said WTF?! It was proof positive that they don't know the team in any meaningful way. As the year has gone on we've become better and better in the nickel. Also, the reason why qb's get passing yards against us is because we make them one dimensional and really tighten up in the redzone.
for the record Big Ben's never made great passing decisions thats why he has 100 int's for his career. The ball that sailed to Dashon was the only int that I would blame on that leg.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
for the record Big Ben's never made great passing decisions thats why he has 100 int's for his career. The ball that sailed to Dashon was the only int that I would blame on that leg.

Chris, is that you?
It must have been still too early in the morning for Carter to comment on the game, even after having a extra hour due to the power surge.

the niners gotta prove it in the playoffs which they havent done, last two champs are saints and packers
He also said Megatron was not a top 5 WR.
This is what I'm talking about. These analysts don't know jack s**t. Don't listen to em, especially Chris Carter who lives on Sesame Street.
Originally posted by SAVAGE49er:
Cris Carter.....C'mon man!!!

This
Originally posted by LongIsland49ers:
He also said Megatron was not a top 5 WR.

He doesn't even know talent at his own position
Share 49ersWebzone