There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by okdkid:
He went to Cranbrook. That's a private school.

Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Hopefully we can work out a reasonable long term deal. I saw 5 years 30 million.

5 a year ? think he can get more than that.

haha yea thats why im an animation major lol thats even less though , goldson will command way more than that .

30 / 5 = 6
6 is not less than 5.

you sound like my old geometry teacher

Ugh
Geometry sucked. I hated having to do "proofs" all the time.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Nothing against Goldson but I would rather take the two 1st round picks

yeah i seen this.. so how would we get the 2 1st round picks? if he holds out?? or if we trade him hes worth 2 1st round picks? Can someone please clarify this
Goldson getting the franchise tag = Rogers coming back. -If Goldson had been given a long-term deal now (instead of getting a franchise tag to work one out later in the year), we wouldn't have the money stabilize Carlos, and we'd sacrifice at least a couple of cheap new faces out of FA.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

yeah i seen this.. so how would we get the 2 1st round picks? if he holds out?? or if we trade him hes worth 2 1st round picks? Can someone please clarify this

He is still a free agent. If he finds a team to give him a nice big contract, the 49ers can match or let him go. If they let him go, the team that signs Goldson has to give the 49ers two first round picks as compensation. Smart move, really. I don't see it happening, though.
i think our window to win the superbowl is within next 4 years, think the niners know this and trying to retain what we have and get an upgrade or two before these players need to be replaced cause they will demand too much.
Hey Rogers!

You wanna be a winner or do you want to go for the money and get ridiculed somewhere else like you did in WAS?

We won't wait for you.
NICE now let's bring back Rogers!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

wtf?? lol
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏ @mattbarrows
49ers give Goldson "non-exclusive" tag. Technically, he can still hit FA market. But 49ers can match offers, compensation = two 1st rd picks

I love Goldson but I think I would love 2 first round picks for him even more.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
49ers give Goldson "non-exclusive" tag. Technically, he can still hit FA market. But 49ers can match offers, compensation = two 1st rd picks

No team is that dumb.

He is still a free agent. If he finds a team to give him a nice big contract, the 49ers can match or let him go. If they let him go, the team that signs Goldson has to give the 49ers two first round picks as compensation. Smart move, really. I don't see it happening, though.

niceee. so itd be like this years 1st and next years 1st?? shoot give me that deal haha !!!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Goldson just said he ain't signing that s**t.

He wants long term. Dude has dealt with injuries throughout 2009 & 2010. He knows it won't last long.
Originally posted by Joecool:

No team is that dumb.

Raiders
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
Originally posted by Joecool:

No team is that dumb.

Raiders

That's like saying MJ is the MVP any year he played in the NBA.

niceee. so itd be like this years 1st and next years 1st?? shoot give me that deal haha !!!

Kind of nice the 49ers put this type of tag on him. It at least allows him to test FA although as noted, no one is going to sign him for two 1st rounders.