There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Nothing against Goldson but I would rather take the two 1st round picks
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Mar 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Smart move to franchise him and I think its even better to let Rogers walk to see what the market value will be for him. He's 31 and if he wants 10 million a year it'll be tuff. Besides, there are a few good CB out there in FA who are on the "right" side of 30.

If Rogers leaves then maybe porter might only be 5 mil a year and a small downgrade
Originally posted by okdkid:
He went to Cranbrook. That's a private school.


Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Hopefully we can work out a reasonable long term deal. I saw 5 years 30 million.

5 a year ? think he can get more than that.


haha yea thats why im an animation major lol thats even less though , goldson will command way more than that .
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Hopefully we can work out a reasonable long term deal. I saw 5 years 30 million.

5 a year ? think he can get more than that.


somebody flunked math

That's what I was thinkin'
My Raider fan is laughing cuz the only 2 plays he remembers Goldson making is knocking out one of his players that led to Manning throwing a TD to the back-up and him hitting another player that could have had an INT.
Personally I think he's overrated and I wouldn't pay him more than 5mil a year.
Since he made the pro bowl and played a little better in coverage, 6mil a year, max.
[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Mar 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM ]
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,417
Why not just make it 1 first round pick?
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
My Raider fan is laughing cuz the only 2 plays he remembers Goldson making is knocking out one of his players that led to Manning throwing a TD to the back-up and him hitting another player that could have had an INT.
Personally I think he's overrated and I wouldn't pay him more than 5mil a year.

get new friends. lol
Goldson just said he ain't signing that s**t.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
get new friends. lol

Nah, he loves our D. Respects P52.
So we got three pieces of the pie back. (Goldson, Brooks and Spilman)........Alex is a done deal.

I hope they work out something long term but if they don't you know the Niners will draft a safety in the 3rd or 4th round. I think Goldson can get better even though he does make some bad mistakes at times he and whitner can bring the hammer back there.

Now all eyes are on Rogers.......does he really want to go to another team and play corner? After his best season on a team that was one play away from the Super Bowl. We shall see.
good stuff, want to see back to back performances before he gets a big pay day
Hopefully we work out something long term so we don't have such a big cap number this year. Will give us flexibility to bring Rogers back and add a WR.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by okdkid:
He went to Cranbrook. That's a private school.


Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Hopefully we can work out a reasonable long term deal. I saw 5 years 30 million.

5 a year ? think he can get more than that.


haha yea thats why im an animation major lol thats even less though , goldson will command way more than that .


30 / 5 = 6
6 is not less than 5.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by okdkid:
He went to Cranbrook. That's a private school.


Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Hopefully we can work out a reasonable long term deal. I saw 5 years 30 million.

5 a year ? think he can get more than that.


haha yea thats why im an animation major lol thats even less though , goldson will command way more than that .


30 / 5 = 6
6 is not less than 5.

you sound like my old geometry teacher