There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ted Ginn's status? and any other injuries....

Originally posted by kray28:
Not to sound mean, but are we really missing a lot if Ginn is out?

If anything, it gets Williams on the field more.

Yes, it does hurt. He gives us tremendous field position, and 3rd WR. I did not like seeing Swain at 3rd WR out there last night.

Williams should start from now on, with Crabs.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Fasteddy:
Never mind, looks like Staley is fine:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/20/lt-joe-staley-on-leg-injury-im-totally-good/

Hopefully, Gin isn't too serious.

Man Staley is hurt almost every other game. He's becoming the new Jonas Jennings.

lol jennings, i remember his last year here we flipped him to RT and he wasnt really happy about it, i remember thinking dude u play like 3 games a year on a good year
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 20, 2011 at 10:33 AM ]
punt returner not sure but i remember kendall hunter having a couple really good kick returns
Ginn will be missed in the return game, but Williams is no doubt the #2 WR now which helps the O more than splitting that spot with Ginn. Edwards is obviously still injured, shame that all the potential big play ability never materialized after preseason.

Also liked what we saw out of Swain, he was all over the field on special teams and brought that attitude for the offense in the limited play he got. We know hes got speed (finished second to the PS WR in the race tryout before getting signed) but if Swain shows some consistent hands, he could be a great role playing 3rd down receiver with how hard he will fight for every yard. Plus this team needs someone to step up that looked like they just came from the beach to the game, it's Cali.

Even though the season isnt over, this team doesnt look in too bad of shape for the future with Crabs & Williams, Morgan likely resigned pending a physical, and likely a group including Ginn (depending on price tag... wont be back if he wants to be paid more than just an elite returner), Edwards (will want another shot, and can be retained/cut on the cheap), a Rookie (hopefully with some speed/returning abilities as a hedge for Ginn leaving), then Swain & Co. The first 3 mentioned could make anyteams 5WR, and the remaining 2 spots have some decent competition. No elite guy, but a capable group. Wright from Baylor could add allot to this group.
Honestly with as bad as we need Williams on Offense, we need someone else to return kicks. I know a guy who can help our return game immensely, Kendall Hunter>>>>

Edit: Missed Kujon's post but totally agree
[ Edited by Magzarillious on Dec 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM ]
We need Ginn for depth but I want to see more of Kyle Williams in the line up.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Unhh, guys, did you miss that one nice snag by Ginn on the sideline for a 1st down? That showed great concentration, and even better hands. Also the end- around half cross- buck he handled really well. I think he is going to become that talented receiver we all had hoped for. This game showed him at his best. And he can get a lot better.

It was a nice catch, I thought it was Crabtree until they showed the re-play. I was very surprised it was Ginn........
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
We need Ginn for depth but I want to see more of Kyle Williams in the line up.

He definitely had a role last night and I think he will continue to have a big role. We have explosive speed when Hunter and Williams touch the ball on the outside...
Originally posted by 5280High:
Ginn will be missed in the return game, but Williams is no doubt the #2 WR now which helps the O more than splitting that spot with Ginn. Edwards is obviously still injured, shame that all the potential big play ability never materialized after preseason.

Also liked what we saw out of Swain, he was all over the field on special teams and brought that attitude for the offense in the limited play he got. We know hes got speed (finished second to the PS WR in the race tryout before getting signed) but if Swain shows some consistent hands, he could be a great role playing 3rd down receiver with how hard he will fight for every yard. Plus this team needs someone to step up that looked like they just came from the beach to the game, it's Cali.

Even though the season isnt over, this team doesnt look in too bad of shape for the future with Crabs & Williams, Morgan likely resigned pending a physical, and likely a group including Ginn (depending on price tag... wont be back if he wants to be paid more than just an elite returner), Edwards (will want another shot, and can be retained/cut on the cheap), a Rookie (hopefully with some speed/returning abilities as a hedge for Ginn leaving), then Swain & Co. The first 3 mentioned could make anyteams 5WR, and the remaining 2 spots have some decent competition. No elite guy, but a capable group. Wright from Baylor could add allot to this group.


edwards was said to be a healthy scratch..obviously if ginn cant go they need him to play saturday, though i'd be concerned of whee his head is at, im sure he would be ticked about not being active last night
If Edwards was given the time to heal and strengthen his knee he could be playing by now. Instead they keep pushing him to play at 75%, he twiks his knee and is out another 10 days. If I have one negative thing to say, it would be that the players aren't taken care of sometimes. Josh Morgan would still be playing if he was taken out of the blowout against the Bucs. Spencer's hammy. This kind of thing is always popping up.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
If Edwards was given the time to heal and strengthen his knee he could be playing by now. Instead they keep pushing him to play at 75%, he twiks his knee and is out another 10 days. If I have one negative thing to say, it would be that the players aren't taken care of sometimes. Josh Morgan would still be playing if he was taken out of the blowout against the Bucs. Spencer's hammy. This kind of thing is always popping up.

When we had that near fumble of the first punt to Williams, I felt like it was 2009 all over again. Kyle Williams is clearly better as a receiver, but we will miss something in the return game if Ginn isn't out there. I consider him the 3rd most important signing this offseason behind Rogers and Goldson (Alex Smith is a given). What was the injury to Ginn?
ouch

Teddy should have downed it.
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope Teddy is okay because I dont trust KW on punt returns.



Why don't you trust him? The guy has great hands. The Steelers guy interfered with his ability to catch the ball. It was a penalty. Not a muff.