There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ted Ginn's status? and any other injuries....

Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Williams can take Ginn's place as returner.
Dude is scary back there.

Only other time he was put as returner was last year in the pre-season, and every time he caught it he would be one step short of breaking for a touchdown.
Dude is a stud.
Keep him out there

i was sold on this dude after seeing him return one against the colts last year in preseason. He's got some major shake n' bake! SHAKE N' BAKE!!!!
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,136
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Is Kevin Jurovich a FA? get his ass back on the team

also ginn is vital. You noticed that Kyle Williams fair catched it multiple times even though he had space?

Harbaugh was playing it safe with Williams. "Go back there and make the fair catch. Don't go running around and get injured. We need you more on the offense."
At this point, Ginn is the better return man. But glad we have Williams to fill in. A reliable return man is priceless.

Remember when we dumped Rossum with no backup?? Returning kicks became a nightmare.
We need Ginn to be healthy for return duty. Williams would do but the Niners cant afford anymore injuries to WRs.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
At this point, Ginn is the better return man. But glad we have Williams to fill in. A reliable return man is priceless.

Remember when we dumped Rossum with no backup?? Returning kicks became a nightmare.

we have about 4 guys who can do it right now
Originally posted by kray28:
Ginn is a threat to make a good return, but more often than not it doesn't happen that way. He is squeezing out a better WR on the depth chart though. For all the good his returns are, how much worse is it that Williams has been a benchawarmer for most of the season?

He has the highest average per return in the league
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by kray28:
Not to sound mean, but are we really missing a lot if Ginn is out?

If anything, it gets Williams on the field more.

Even the offense doesn't score TDS ginn gives us awesome field position as a returner. And for the past 6 weeks he's played well at WR. I also like that reverse we run

I agree field position is so critical to our game.
Originally posted by 49erHusker:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by kray28:
Not to sound mean, but are we really missing a lot if Ginn is out?

If anything, it gets Williams on the field more.

Even the offense doesn't score TDS ginn gives us awesome field position as a returner. And for the past 6 weeks he's played well at WR. I also like that reverse we run

I agree field position is so critical to our game.

This. Let him rest and get healthy for the playoffs if it is to bad. Hope for a speedy recovery.
I hope Teddy is okay because I dont trust KW on punt returns.
The only
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Williams can take Ginn's place as returner.
Dude is scary back there.

Only other time he was put as returner was last year in the pre-season, and every time he caught it he would be one step short of breaking for a touchdown.
Dude is a stud.
Keep him out there

The only thing scary about Kyle Williams as a returner is his potential to fumble the ball. Nobody on the roster can give the Niners what Ginn can...a reliable kick/punt returner who has the jets to rip off big gains on every return. And he DOESN'T FUMBLE THE BALL! I would rather have a guy who holds onto the ball and gives the offense a chance to drive than one who makes a few more cuts but fumbles periodically.
Does anyone know the status of Staley?
i wouldnt be surprised if 49ers bring in some wrs to tryout this week--depth is getting thin
Never mind, looks like Staley is fine:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/20/lt-joe-staley-on-leg-injury-im-totally-good/

Hopefully, Gin isn't too serious.
Originally posted by hofer36:
i wouldnt be surprised if 49ers bring in some wrs to tryout this week--depth is getting thin

They should just cut Edwards because he is pretty much useless.
Originally posted by Fasteddy:
Never mind, looks like Staley is fine:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/20/lt-joe-staley-on-leg-injury-im-totally-good/

Hopefully, Gin isn't too serious.

Man Staley is hurt almost every other game. He's becoming the new Jonas Jennings.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home