There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ted Ginn's status? and any other injuries....

Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Brett Freaking Swain entered the game. We need the depth.

no doubt. Edwards clearly is not healthy either. must add a WR

T.O.? What!? Somebody had to say it .
Is Kevin Jurovich a FA? get his ass back on the team

also ginn is vital. You noticed that Kyle Williams fair catched it multiple times even though he had space?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Is Kevin Jurovich a FA? get his ass back on the team

also ginn is vital. You noticed that Kyle Williams fair catched it multiple times even though he had space?

he was scurred

i'm with you on the jurovich signing or long (think that was his last name)
Originally posted by kray28:
Not to sound mean, but are we really missing a lot if Ginn is out?

If anything, it gets Williams on the field more.

How about the very first punt that Kyle Williams went back to catch, he nearly fumbled away the lead? Yes, it was ruled interference but it could've gone either way. I can't even remember the last time Ted Ginn fumbled away a punt or kickoff return. He's completely reliable, so you know you'll be getting the ball back on a punt. Every time they put anyone other than Ginn, I hold my breath. Philip Adams fumbled away the New Orleans game last year single-handedly. We used to have the slowest returner in the league, Arnaz Battle, who also managed to fumble half the time. So enough of this "we don't need Ginn" mentality. He is the 2nd best return average in the entire freakin league! Kyle Williams is not about to step into his shoes. And between Andy Lee and Ted Ginn, we have the best starting field position / worst opponent starting field position in the NFL.
Originally posted by kray28:
Not to sound mean, but are we really missing a lot if Ginn is out?

If anything, it gets Williams on the field more.

yeah but ginn kills seattle
Given time and experience, I think Williams can be our Punt Returner of the future. As of right now, we need Ginn. Perhaps give Williams some kickoff experience, but Ginn is a very important part of this team on special teams. He's not that great as a WR, but as a KR/PR, he's about as good as it gets. Long forgotten are the days of being scared everytime the opposing team punts.
Any news on the Ginn injury
  • tac22
  • Veteran
Just found this
Originally posted by tac22:
Just found this
Man, says if Ginn can't go, Swain will be in and Edwards will be inactive again. Huh??? I really thought Edwards would make a big impact this year. So disappointed.
didnt look serious he was walking fine off the field. i say out this week and back for rams.
like willis, i wouldnt expect him to play in seattle, in the cards fall right we've got about a month before the second round of the playoffs
Williams can fill in for Ginn on return duties. I have faith in him. WR, no question. Should be on the field majority of the time.
I don't see him playing this coming week. His weapon is speed and a bum ankle on 5 days rest doesn't make sense to push it.
do need to add another WR, for depth purposes.
Williams can take Ginn's place as returner.
Dude is scary back there.

Only other time he was put as returner was last year in the pre-season, and every time he caught it he would be one step short of breaking for a touchdown.
Dude is a stud.
Keep him out there
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home