LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 355 users in the forums

49ers have sold a major stake...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
dkaplanSBJ daniel kaplan

In SBJ today, two NFL limited partner transactions, low nine figures each. Bengals bought back the Knowlton stake, while 49ers have sold...

...a major stake to a silicon valley exec whose funds will help finance the santa clara stadium. Sorry, been unable to identify exec, yet.

https://twitter.com/#!/dkaplanSBJ/status/148724881712873473
No confirmation of this anywhere that I can find. For now, and until more detail from a reliable source emerges, this thread is just a rumour.
[ Edited by English on Dec 19, 2011 at 3:42 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
As long as the exec helps finance the stadium, I could care less.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 19, 2011 at 4:02 AM ]

rumor thread huh
I think this thread is very real...just not sure the content is any more reliable than any other thread...
Originally posted by mayo49:
As long as the exec helps finance the stadium, I could care less.

This
I wish this said 49ers sell stake to "Joe Montana or Rice or someone like that" would be awesome
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
I wish this said 49ers sell stake to "Joe Montana or Rice or someone like that" would be awesome

Being a good football player does not make you a good business man.
  • islam
  • Veteran
Yorks please sell the 49ers to Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, who's a HUGE 49er fan! The 49er franchise would the NFL equivalent of Manchester United
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by islam:
Yorks please sell the 49ers to Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, who's a HUGE 49er fan! The 49er franchise would the NFL equivalent of Manchester United

Unless he is willing to pay 3x the current valuation, there is no incentive for the Yorks to sell. He'll have to bring something better to the table.

This thread makes me hungry for some reason, thought the Niners were selling Rib Eye.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
No confirmation of this anywhere that I can find. For now, and until more detail from a reliable source emerges, this thread is just a rumour.

Um, I think you mean rumor

Its true. I bought a piece of the team from Jed (an old pal from Notre Dame). Like 200 bucks worth.

My first action will be to ban the waive from the new stadium. My second will be to re-sign Thomas Clayton.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by English:

Um, I think you mean rumor

No, rumour. In English! Check it out.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I think this thread is very real...just not sure the content is any more reliable than any other thread...

Funny... indeed this thread appears to be real, and not a rumor, the contents of said thread however, may or may not be factual. So I will note that I think Alex Smith is responsible for this threads lack success, every WR/TE has dropped the ball on it and the OL probably completely whiffed on it as well. With that being said the DEF is a beast... and there is no way this or any other thread (real or imagined) is going to run on it.
Share 49ersWebzone