LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 193 users in the forums

We lost 2 out of 3 (AND THEN BACK ON WINNING TRACK) ***UPDATED!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So where does that leave us?

Ravens: Loss.
Rams: Win.
Cardinals: Loss.
Steelers: WIN.
Seahawks: WIN.
Rams: WIN.

13 - 3 and at least the #2 Seed and a 1st round bye. Maybe the #1 seed if the Packers can lose some games. I'm much less worried now. A stellar performance against a top tier team.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 20, 2011 at 1:46 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Steelers: Loss.
Seahawks: Loss.
Rams: Win or loss.

I only see 1 winnable game left. Our redzone offense and offensive line are horrific. We have take a massive step back in regression. 11 - 5 or maybe 10 - 6 final record. We have been exposed. Zone blitz against the run and pass. We can't beat that. The formula is there.

So we limp into the playoffs like this and it's 1 and done. Anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy at this point. This is not an offense that wins in the playoffs. Forget the #2 seed BTW.

One game, at a time for the 49ers. I find it funny how some fans put themselves in the position of the actual sports team. so, you're going to limp into the playoffs with the 49ers, or will the 49ers limp into the playoffs? Just me, being nitpicky.
Originally posted by lssanjose:

Steelers: Loss.
Seahawks: Loss.
Rams: Win or loss.

I only see 1 winnable game left. Our redzone offense and offensive line are horrific. We have take a massive step back in regression. 11 - 5 or maybe 10 - 6 final record. We have been exposed. Zone blitz against the run and pass. We can't beat that. The formula is there.

So we limp into the playoffs like this and it's 1 and done. Anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy at this point. This is not an offense that wins in the playoffs. Forget the #2 seed BTW.

One game, at a time for the 49ers. I find it funny how some fans put themselves in the position of the actual sports team. so, you're going to limp into the playoffs with the 49ers, or will the 49ers limp into the playoffs? Just me, being nitpicky.

We had a better year than expected. If you told me 10 wins at the beginning of the year I would have been happy. But now expectations have been raised. And we aren't going anywhere. It wouldn't surprise me at all to lose the 1st playoff game against anybody.
I was wondering where the old SanDiego49er went. You know, the one who always uses this emoticon:
LOOOL. You couldn't help being a negative nancy, could you sandiego? I thought you changed. Oh well.
Originally posted by aman49:
I was wondering where the old SanDiego49er went. You know, the one who always uses this emoticon:

We are 1 and done in the playoffs. I'm calling it right now. No way we win a game. Worst offense of any playoff team by far.
We had a better year than expected. If you told me 10 wins at the beginning of the year I would have been happy. But now expectations have been raised. And we aren't going anywhere. It wouldn't surprise me at all to lose the 1st playoff game against anybody.

It wouldn't either, with the kind of line play the 49ers have had to endure. I think shorter drops are in order to mask protection issues, and run the ball is a nice little ingredient against the zone blitz, if that gives any consolation (Walsh had done an interview for the Sporting News mag in 97, and said to run the ball against a zone blitz). The 49ers did that against the Panthers in 97, and chewed up clock and ground yardage (I think it was in the avenue of 200+). If there's anything to hang the hat on, it's the run game.
Originally posted by Method:
LOOOL. You couldn't help being a negative nancy, could you sandiego? I thought you changed. Oh well.

I'm being "realistic."
You don't trust our coaching staff to work through this by the playoffs? Um, really? I have no reason to doubt our coaching staff right now. None at all.
You don't trust our coaching staff to work through this by the playoffs? Um, really? I have no reason to doubt our coaching staff right now. None at all.

Coaching staff is one thing, players, themselves are another. Iupati/Goodwin were outworked in today's game. I just have that image of them standing up in their pass protection, I guess that's what it means to block a little too high(?)

The coaching staff is doing the best they can. But we just aren't very good on offense. In fact we are horrific. The worst offense I've ever seen for a playoff team. Our offense doesn't even belong in the playoffs. They can't fix this situation in the remaining games. It's not a coaching staff issue IMO. It's an offense that isn't very good at some things and needs to be fixed in the offseason.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 12, 2011 at 12:42 AM ]
The coaching staff is doing the best they can. But we just aren't very good on offense. In fact we are horrific. The worst offense I've ever seen for a playoff team. Our offense doesn't even belong in the playoffs. They can't fix this situation in the remaining games. It's not a coaching staff issue IMO. It's an offense that isn't very good at some things and needs to be fixed in the offseason.

I'm thinking of a classroom example. Get 100 students in there, the teacher only does what it can, about 80% truly grasp the message, 10% kind of, the other 10% no clue. And I Think this breakdown is being rather generous. And I'm not just talking about buying into Harbaugh's program, either. it's understanding, and being able to perform what's being asked of a player. It gets even muddier when we think about grading curves with respect to football. One team's "A" student may be an A student when contrasted against his peers in a group, but may be C in another.
You just love this. It's hilarious.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
You just love this. It's hilarious.

I love that we have 10 wins. But I fear that may be it. At any rate we overachieved for the season. But we are done in the playoffs.

I'm being "realistic."

Realistic is this:

We probably will lose the steelers and the seahawks game if our offense doesnt improve. But with trusting harbaugh I think the steelers game is 50.50. The seahawks game, although tough is a game we should win and the rams we will murder by more than 26-0
Share 49ersWebzone