There are 146 users in the forums

Post Game Grades per Grant Cohn

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Thanks to whoever mentioned firing Roman after this season. Gave me a really good laugh.

you should go back and read the gameday thread
[ Edited by jreff22 on Dec 12, 2011 at 12:25 AM ]
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
CALL A F**KIN SCREEN PASS!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN TO THE SCREEN PASS! GEEZ

YEAH HARBAUGH LETS JUST KEEP RUNNING RIGHT AT THE BLITZ AND CALLING PLAY ACTION PASSES THAT WORKS EVERYTIME

watching this game and the ravens game has seriously taken a couple of years off my life, thanks alot roman/harbaugh who ever is calling the plays

You can always pin it on one thing, or another. But, I'll say this: it still comes down to mano y mano, whoever takes care of their assignment best. It doesn't matter what play call is being called. The only thing we, as fans, can argue is context. But I don't think we can second-guess design. What if the line actually does its job, and performs the fundamental pass protection properly, Alex will have a little more time than he was afforded, maybe a better outcome could have resulted. Or, if Gore, or whoever is asked to carry the ball, doesn't slip or lose footing, that two yard gain becomes a five yard, or six yard gain; or, if delanie doesn't space out, and doesn't give that surprised look on his face when he tried running that end around. Maybe that actually gets positive yardage. It'll come down to execution, the players know this. The Philly game was all about execution, and football is about execution, at the end of the day. The only thing design gets credo, is being able to sell a play's ability to garner a huge result.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
I don't care what anybody says, Harbaugh doesn't trust Smith. Field goals aren't going to cut it in the playoffs. He is relying too much on the defense. They can only do so much.

LOL. That's why he threw 38 times and only ran Gore 10, despite having the lead. OK.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Thanks to whoever mentioned firing Roman after this season. Gave me a really good laugh.

you should go back and read the gameday thread

No joke, I do that every single week. I wait until after the game is over and then go and read every single page of the gameday thread. Not doing it this week, I can already tell exactly what would be said and it's just boring to read over and over.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Smith is great when he has a devastating defense and devastating ST and outstanding oline blocking and perfect coaching and receivers that never drop the ball. He is not clutch in the absence of any of those though. Our O is not playoff worthy. Today's game was very sobering to watch.

Doesn't he have the most 4th quarter comebacks next to Eli this year?

Lol. Gotta love that after one loss...facts are no longer important. Zone reverts back to 2008 form.

Alex played a bad game along with his team mates. These guys got complacent and played a little to relaxed. It happens.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Doesn't he have the most 4th quarter comebacks next to Eli this year?

Lol. Gotta love that after one loss...facts are no longer important. Zone reverts back to 2008 form.

Alex played a bad game along with his team mates. These guys got complacent and played a little to relaxed. It happens.

Yes, complacency certainly can be expected from time to time and I suppose the moral of the story is that they should learn from this and be more solid going forward. This is a young team for the most part and they are in uncharted waters...winning!

Still worry about the OLine as they are having the same breakdowns from week to week and can't seem to fix the problems, particularly in the middle. Injuries account for some of this so will hope they get healthy in a hurry.

Have to love the guys who come out when the team loses though! Repetitive to the point of predictability.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 12, 2011 at 7:13 AM ]
Originally posted by kelpie70:
I won't be surprised to see Roman gone after the season.

Not a chance.
My god these boards are so damn melodramatic. We dropped a divisional game, which by the way happens to just about everyone. It wasnt because the team or the coaches suck. We have a problem with redzone scoring that is all. Will we get it fixed this year..maybe, maybe not, but stop acting like spoiled brats and arm chair geniuses. The team is a work in progress, to expect them to sweep the division in year one is delusional. The team as a whole is probably a few parts away from being where it needs to be, our coaches and players are doing a great job of minimizing the weaknesses and accentuating the strengths...but every game isnt going to go how we want it to. We arent the Packers...this isnt the 4th year running same system with all handpicked players. Get a grip already, root for your team and remember what these guys have done in just one year.
Jim and the staff need to pickup their games as well as our players.

Need to come up with a better scheme against teams we know are gonna blitz.

Its clear for anyone with eyes that our oline CANNOT pickup the blitz and is like swiss cheese. This means our wr's need to beat coverage pronto and Alex can really only make 1 read. Hard to win with having that combo on almost every pass attempt.

More roll outs with wr's flooding that side.

Screen plays

More slants

More passes to the fb out of the backfield.

These short easy passes will gain yards and move the chains. Once that happens, the D will have to adjust, and we can then open things up a little.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think our biggest issue was us struggling to handle our own success. -We became so consumed by the 'hats' and 't-shirts' that we probably felt a lack of urgency to put in 100% until January.

The last few games have all seem like practices to me. As if Jim is saying "We are going to try to win doing the stuff we have not been doing well."

I hope we were all right back when we were saying "Jim is saving the good stuff for playoffs"

Share 49ersWebzone