LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Congrats Aldon Smith...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Beast. Just a Beast.

Noticable every single time he's on the field.

Agree. That is the exact reason he should be on the field even more!

We actually did use him on first down a couple of times in this game, he made a few tackles. I don't see where he is a liability. They feel more comfortable with Haralson on running plays still, but now they are beginning to give Aldon some rushing snaps too. I think we'll see more in the weeks ahead.
To tell you the truth, i didnt know anything about him till he was drafted. He looks promising though! Straight beasting! Hopefully he becomes a dominant force in the future, because this is there area that we have been lacking for quite some time.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Beast. Just a Beast.

Noticable every single time he's on the field.

Agree. That is the exact reason he should be on the field even more!

We actually did use him on first down a couple of times in this game, he made a few tackles. I don't see where he is a liability. They feel more comfortable with Haralson on running plays still, but now they are beginning to give Aldon some rushing snaps too. I think we'll see more in the weeks ahead.

I think theyre worried about him ending up in coverage, like if he has to cover a RB or something.
[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Dec 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM ]
looking at amukamara getting burned last night... i want to give baalke a cookie for drafting aldon
Originally posted by gold49digger:
looking at amukamara getting burned last night... i want to give baalke a cookie for drafting aldon

....and Hunter and Culliver and Miller.....
Yeah, he had a nice forced fumble and I seen it coming on that Skelton run. Also, had the sack and was about a inch or two from that being a safety. Had Skelton by the legs another time... have to finish. I was one who knew of Aldon's potential but thought we wouldn't take him because I expected him to be a project. I didn't expect him toto contribute this much right away. To our credit we have left him rush the passer for the most part and keep him as a DE basically and not make him convert instantly and play OLB the whole time. It's helped him transition...
Someone will over pay for Brooks next year. It will be Haralson and Smith for the win next year. Unless we can draft someone or get a cheap free agent.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Yeah, I really berated the niners for this pick and I need to eat crow. Medium rare, please.
Hey, props to you for stepping up to the plate.

Not many of us knew much about Aldon Smith when his name was called on draft day--so many of us were more or less "wrong" about him, at first

Glad to see you're able to join the rest of us in admitting a mistake and recognizing a potentially great Niner.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Yeaa!!! He should have 11.5 but he let Skelton get away that one play!! Either way he's doing great!

that play turned into that interception though so it's all good. he should get credited for that somehow :D

EDIT: I'm too lazy to look them up but he also had a few pressures yesterday as well.

He should win DROY simply because he plays half as much as Miller and pretty much has the same amount of production. Unless you go the "heisman moments" argument Miller shouldn't win(i.e. the sack on sachez to give them a shot for that final drive). Aldon shouldn't have a problem passing him for the lead in sacks with our final 3 games against some horrible O-lines, Steelers have allowed 35 sacks, the rams and seahawks have allowed 39 and 41 respectively. Miller has to play Buffalo who's o-line has allowed the fewest sacks(17), the Pats who have allowed the 4th fewest sacks(22) but he gets a reprieve and plays KC to finish the season and they've allowed the 9th most on the year(33).

I'd give the edge to Aldon over the next 3 games, I'm setting the over/under for Aldon at 14 for the year, anyone else think he could get 3.5 over the final 3 weeks?

man i can't believe I sold him short. he's got 2 more games to get just 1.5 to break Kearse's rookie record! I was going nuts last night watching him impact every play he was in. The funny thing is my girlfriend's family and I are also Steelers fans and at the same time were praying that Roethlisberger wouldn't get more hurt then he already is.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
sux that one of his sacks was wiped out due to a penalty!

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yea that sucked but he'll still get rookie sack record.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Snider8706:

no doubt in my mind. If not against Seattle, for sure against the Rams.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Yeaa!!! He should have 11.5 but he let Skelton get away that one play!! Either way he's doing great!

that play turned into that interception though so it's all good. he should get credited for that somehow :D

EDIT: I'm too lazy to look them up but he also had a few pressures yesterday as well.

He should win DROY simply because he plays half as much as Miller and pretty much has the same amount of production. Unless you go the "heisman moments" argument Miller shouldn't win(i.e. the sack on sachez to give them a shot for that final drive). Aldon shouldn't have a problem passing him for the lead in sacks with our final 3 games against some horrible O-lines, Steelers have allowed 35 sacks, the rams and seahawks have allowed 39 and 41 respectively. Miller has to play Buffalo who's o-line has allowed the fewest sacks(17), the Pats who have allowed the 4th fewest sacks(22) but he gets a reprieve and plays KC to finish the season and they've allowed the 9th most on the year(33).

I'd give the edge to Aldon over the next 3 games, I'm setting the over/under for Aldon at 14 for the year, anyone else think he could get 3.5 over the final 3 weeks?

man i can't believe I sold him short. he's got 2 more games to get just 1.5 to break Kearse's rookie record! I was going nuts last night watching him impact every play he was in. The funny thing is my girlfriend's family and I are also Steelers fans and at the same time were praying that Roethlisberger wouldn't get more hurt then he already is.

did you have to admit this?

The funny thing is Roethlisberger put on an Oscar worthy performance. Limping when he made a bad play, walking just fine when he threw a strike down the field. Most notably, the "Tebow" during pre-game was hilarious.

ALDON IS A BEAST! LETS GO BREAK THAT ROOKIE SACK RECORD, CONDOR!
Originally posted by Snider8706:

no doubt in my mind. If not against Seattle, for sure against the Rams.

Man this guy has to be the best draft pick since Willis.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Needs to be a starter. PERIOD

I could swear I saw Justin get pissed when they were calling Aldon off the field during the game. He ran half way off and then rushed back on. I'll take it with a grain of salt, but I think the players agree with this statement too.
Share 49ersWebzone