There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Congrats Aldon Smith...

this got lost in the mess of today

congrats Aldon
I was wrong about the time it'd take for him to make an impact. Predicted only 6 sacks for him this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He should have 11.5 if he doesn't let Skelton get away a couple of times.
Originally posted by mayo49:
He should have 11.5 if he doesn't let Skelton get away a couple of times.

True, but every pass rusher has about 2-3 "almost" sacks for every sack they get.
all done!
he is only gonna get better too
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
If everyone made an apology thread there would be 1000's

Man, I was crazy, out of my mind mad when they drafted him. I was like who is this guy!!! Now I know.......

Great job Aldon!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Needs to be a starter. PERIOD

My only guess is that he is not in tip top condition to play football full-time? I don't know why he isn't a starter but that's my best guess. I can/probably be wrong.

I'm pretty sure the reason he isn't a starter is because he isn't versed enough in playing the pass and setting the edge on the run yet. He is just great at getting to the QB.
Maddog is a strong talent evaluator. His summary of players is very good. We just disagree sometimes.
Originally posted by susweel:
He should have had about 2 more sacks he let get away today. But congrats he is having a good year.

Nice back handed compliment, sus.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Needs to be a starter. PERIOD

My only guess is that he is not in tip top condition to play football full-time? I don't know why he isn't a starter but that's my best guess. I can/probably be wrong.

I'm pretty sure the reason he isn't a starter is because he isn't versed enough in playing the pass and setting the edge on the run yet. He is just great at getting to the QB.

I don't think his coverage skills are there yet. But, once he gets it down, he's going to be a monster.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Yeaa!!! He should have 11.5 but he let Skelton get away that one play!! Either way he's doing great!

that play turned into that interception though so it's all good. he should get credited for that somehow :D

EDIT: I'm too lazy to look them up but he also had a few pressures yesterday as well.

He should win DROY simply because he plays half as much as Miller and pretty much has the same amount of production. Unless you go the "heisman moments" argument Miller shouldn't win(i.e. the sack on sachez to give them a shot for that final drive). Aldon shouldn't have a problem passing him for the lead in sacks with our final 3 games against some horrible O-lines, Steelers have allowed 35 sacks, the rams and seahawks have allowed 39 and 41 respectively. Miller has to play Buffalo who's o-line has allowed the fewest sacks(17), the Pats who have allowed the 4th fewest sacks(22) but he gets a reprieve and plays KC to finish the season and they've allowed the 9th most on the year(33).

I'd give the edge to Aldon over the next 3 games, I'm setting the over/under for Aldon at 14 for the year, anyone else think he could get 3.5 over the final 3 weeks?
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 12, 2011 at 8:04 AM ]
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Maddog is a strong talent evaluator. His summary of players is very good. We just disagree sometimes.

Thank you for the compliment. Aldon has every possibility of being a tremendous player in the league for a long time. He has outdone my belief in his ability to bend around the corner, and bull-rush through OT's. The main question will be whether he can learn to play outside backer. The Niners will have a more complete defense (that sounds scary) when he is able to disguise when he is going forward and when he is playing in reverse.

I will stand with my belief that other players were better options on the board, and we will see down the road if my observations were accurate in this part of the draft, or off-base. Those demanding that I "eat crow" or "apologize" will have to wait until hell freezes over.
  • kush
  • Veteran
LOL!!!!!!!! Gotta love the draft!!!!!
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

And I'll bet that you are willing to admit it, if you turn out to be wrong when you disagree.

Being willing to admit when someone else might be right doesn't make a poster less credible.

Just the opposite. IMHO.