LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Optimism

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not upset about this loss. What was the Packers schedule last year? 10-6? They also lost 3 out of their last 6 games. Year before that, Saints lose their last 3 of the season. 2009? Steelers lost 5 of their last 8 games, all in a row.

This is alright, we don't have to be 14-2 to win the super bowl, nor do we have to look like super bowl champions a few games before the season ends. I have complete faith in this coaching staff to have this team ready, look what they've already accomplished this year.

Cardinals had more reasons to win this game than the niners did and have been playing excellent football the past few weeks. This loss feels nothing like the Cowboys loss earlier in the season. Although it does piss me off that terrible officiating has again contributed to a niners loss, I mean that whistle came WAY after the snap, and the sack called on Smith in the 4th was atrocious.

But other than that, I'm still feeling good about the niners. I am already feel over this loss and am still faithful that they correct the issues they've had the past few weeks and cause some damage in the playoffs. Go niners.
  • g60nx
  • Veteran
this
Think I am to now after screaming and hollering during the game. Bring on next week
Also, this game could very well be a blessing in disguise. They will be PISSED off come Monday night and lay the wood against the Steelers and their bathroom raper quarterback. If we had handily won this game, today's lesson might have been handed down in that game instead.
We'd all feel a lot better if they lost 38-35, because that would mean the offense issues were fixed. It's the lack of consistent good play form the offense that is concerning more than the loss itself.

When GB and NO lost those games at the end of 2010 and 2009 their offensive abilities were not in question.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Also, this game could very well be a blessing in disguise. They will be PISSED off come Monday night and lay the wood against the Steelers and their bathroom raper quarterback. If we had handily won this game, today's lesson might have been handed down in that game instead.

Agreed. The defense is going to play with a grudge next week.

Two major problems with the offense needs to get corrected quickly though.
I hear you Kowboykiller with the optimism and all. However, with us we seem to have lost our offensive identity. Once you get in the playoffs everything is 0-0 once again. We NEED to go back to basics on the offense and get this running game going again else we are in deep doodoo come playoff time.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
We'd all feel a lot better if they lost 38-35, because that would mean the offense issues were fixed. It's the lack of consistent good play form the offense that is concerning more than the loss itself.

When GB and NO lost those games at the end of 2010 and 2009 their offensive abilities were not in question.

I agree totally! Its not the loss that pisses me off, its that we couldn't even produce to at least make a game out of it. A couple of those FG's by Akers should have been a touchdown instead. The Ginn return to the 5 yard line.....that should have definitely been a TD. If a couple of those FG's were TD's instead....we win this game. I'm not questioning the defense...not questioning the special teams....its the offense in the redzone that is a very big concern to me and its an issue we've had for most of the season. Our defense can limit any teams points, but its the offense that needs to score to win the game.

I just don't have that confidence right now with our offense. With 2 min left in a game the confidence is just not there for me for them to move down the field to to score.
we use to be a running team, now we're a passing team? I want a balanced approached. 50-50, not 70-30. No wonder Harbaugh was conservative in his playcalling earlier in the year.
NINERS ALL THE WAY WE'RE GONNA COME OUT FIRING NEXT WEEK!

Jim is done f**king around, time to keep the guys who should play on the field and the others off
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Agreed. The defense is going to play with a grudge next week.

Two major problems with the offense needs to get corrected quickly though.

you mean the same issues that have not been corrected since last year. Happy feet alex? Or is it failure of touchdowns in the redzone? or is it o line exposed when blitzed and confused.? which problem or 2 are you reffering to?

this has nothing to do with the thread, but his haircut is awesome
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
we use to be a running team, now we're a passing team? I want a balanced approached. 50-50, not 70-30. No wonder Harbaugh was conservative in his playcalling earlier in the year.

They didn't use Gore a whole lot....maybe resting him?
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
calm down guys the team had an abbreviated off season to install an entire new offense. thats why our red zone offense is impotent. in another 2 years we will have installed about 70% of our offense then we'll see a td in the redzone.

im joking the red zone play calling is awful. whats wrong with play action passes and roll out plays where the qb can either run or pass.
Share 49ersWebzone