Fangio is the jizz.

did that kid piss himself???
  • g60nx
  • Veteran
not sure if serious
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Once again, 49ers lose a game where the other team brought constant and endless pressure and kept the 49ers offense off balance all game long. Meanwhile the other team's quarterback had forever and a day to sit back and pick the defense apart.

IN B4 "Fangio is a genius, how dare you." "This team wasn't out-coached"...blah...blah.

The 49ers are not getting consistent pressure, not like they were earlier in the season, they aren't getting enough pressure in the face of the opposing quarterback and they are getting beat, until this is corrected, they aren't going anywhere. its not that they've progressed, they're actually regressing, they looked far better in the Detroit game and I'm starting to wonder how much impact fatigue on a limited rotation is having? In anycase, they're not getting pressure with 4 people like they were earlier this year and teams are crowding and attacking up the middle, kicking the s**t out of Alex Smith and the other team's QB might as well be having a gin and tonic while sitting back in the pocket.

The Cardinals do not have better personnel than the 49ers, they were just using their personnel FAR better today.

They had a bad game. They weren't completely terrible, but it wasn't that bad.

They hit 2-3 huge plays, which we have limited teams to all year long (besides dallas).

We were a couple of plays away from winning the game, people stop acting like we are falling apart. We barely lost.

You can't win every game.
Originally posted by Garcia:
They had a bad game. They weren't completely terrible, but it wasn't that bad.

They hit 2-3 huge plays, which we have limited teams to all year long (besides dallas).

We were a couple of plays away from winning the game, people stop acting like we are falling apart. We barely lost.

You can't win every game.

coaches can only do so much anyways to get a player in the right frame of mind. Harbaugh put it out clearly: they just advise on the sidelines, the players are the ones executing on the field. With this said, just minor lapses in attention to detail cost the dearly overall, just like Whitner pointed out. I really like Whitner's ability to diagnose on the fly, giving perspective on assignment football. I'm not sure if he's a long term solution for the niners at his position, but his reflective attitude is a breath of fresh air.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
the only consistent pressure we get are from the 2 smiths, this team needs to find more pass rush. how the hell you make skelton stand tall in the pocket forever with that sorry cards oline is mind boggling. plus i'll give the defense a benefit of a doubt that it was missing willis since grant only seems to play against his former team and our sorry ass offense didnt do them no favors going 3 and out constantly

This is nothing new. People are only upset because we lost the game. We have done the same thing in the past.

When Aldon is not in the game, we are susceptible to the play-action. It works every time, it worked for the Redskins too. I brought it up then but the reaction was, "Ho hum, we won the game, who cares?".

Nothing new. The only difference is that the Cardinals did their homework, and then they made some good throws out of it. Also, we were missing Willis in the middle of the coverage. It was a perfect storm.

But I agree, its a problem that continues. This time we just happened to lose, so now everyone is noticing.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
This is nothing new. People are only upset because we lost the game. We have done the same thing in the past.

When Aldon is not in the game, we are susceptible to the play-action. It works every time, it worked for the Redskins too. I brought it up then but the reaction was, "Ho hum, we won the game, who cares?".

Nothing new. The only difference is that the Cardinals did their homework, and then they made some good throws out of it. Also, we were missing Willis in the middle of the coverage. It was a perfect storm.

But I agree, its a problem that continues. This time we just happened to lose, so now everyone is noticing.

Which of the outside linebackers is expendable, if Aldon improves to the point of being able to play full-time? Should this even be a consideration heading into next season? I do like Haralson, and Brooks in run support, the only question is, where would Aldon line up?
Willis has a huge impact on the passing plays. Grant was slightly out of position on a few plays. I wonder how the defensive packages changed since Willis wasn't in there too?
Originally posted by lssanjose:
Which of the outside linebackers is expendable, if Aldon improves to the point of being able to play full-time? Should this even be a consideration heading into next season? I do like Haralson, and Brooks in run support, the only question is, where would Aldon line up?

He actually played some on first down against the Cards. He was in for one of the big plays where the QB made a big throw. Got the pressure, but the QB made the play anyway. The other big plays he was not in, and hence no pressure, so the throws were easier for the QB to make.

Let's not tip-toe around the issue. Aldon is a beast. Pure and simple. If we want to stop getting burned on play-action then he needs to start. He can line up at ROLB. He can rush every play. Play a 4-3 for all I care. He just needs to be ON THE FIELD.

Aldon made several good plays against the run today. We are putting him on the field more. So we'll see what happens next week.
fangio wasn't "out coached" larry grant was "out played" dude was horrible, straight up.
wow our fan base is delusional like the cowboys and eagles.
We weren't out-coached but we WERE out-schemed. Teams have figured out how to beat us on offense, esp. with front 7 pressures; it's essentially the same formula teams have employed over the past 5 years; stack the box and run blitz between the tackles, overload, bring CB's and S blitzes, etc. We, for lack of a better term, "adjusted" by going max protection whereby we'd have mostly two WR's and i seemed like they were covered by 3 guys each = Alex running for his life. It also meant, again, that the OL is constantly being shoved backwards, sometimes five to ten yards. Seriously...watch the tape. It's mind boggling how these big boys get shoved back so far. On the flip side, we don't employ a similar approach. The Cards took notes of the Ravens game and attacked our weaknesses and exploited it. We did not. Their only weapon is Fitzgerald yet he seemed to be single covered most of the game and guys such as Brown and Grant were, again, playing WAY off for easy pitch-n-catch 1st downs on 3rd and longs.

The bottom line is, they had one weapon on offense and used him as much as possible and we didn't adjust. They had a ton of weaknesses including having to use a backup QB and we didn't exploit their weaknesses. Period. So, we were out-schemed. Period.
The defense was not the reason we lost this game.
Originally posted by miked1978:
wow our fan base is delusional like the cowboys and eagles.

yes they are, lots of good niner fans, but more idiots