There are 187 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Fangio was out-coached Version 2.0

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kind of how like Ray Lewis didn't play in the Baltimore game and they still imposed their will on this team?

Fangio is a step above Manusky but he's frustrating with his overly conservative playcalling at times. When you have a young, questionable QB like Skelton, you bring the house and rattle him, not allow him to sit back and get comfy and pick the questionable secondary apart.

When Ray Lewis is missing the Ravens have Ed Reed, Suggs, and Ngata. The Niners don't have near the talent.

I agree he needs to blitz more but I don't think we are going to see it. He's totally relying on a 4 man rush to bring pressure and play coverage behind it. I think what makes it more disappointing is that we watch our offensive line struggle with multiple blitzes yet our defense never runs any.

With that said I can't blame coaching on today's lost. They just got beat by a better player in Fitzgerald. Stop one of those big plays. and get the offense to actually score red zone touchdown and you have a win.
Originally posted by 8to80:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Not really
Great response! I love how you back up your opinions too. LOL.

The defense forces 3 turnovers, and gives our offense great field position all game, and our offense comes out with only 1 touchdown. So Fangio, not Roman, was outcoached?
Defense has gotten a lot of credit all season for winning games for us, so they should be able to dig down in clutch time and stop the cards from going down the field twice.

I mean the broncos defense keeps doing it, and our players are better for the most part.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Dec 11, 2011 at 6:16 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Honestly, this had more to do with Goldson than Fangio.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
Offense was at fault not defense

Yes......the offense gave up 50+ yard plays multiple times, the offense allowed the quarterback to sit in the pocket forever............

This. If the guys just make the tackles this is a completely different result. Oh well, ready for next week
Originally posted by Kolohe:

This. I'd like to add, whiffing tackles on the part of Grant, Ahmad brooks on the Rodgers reception for a TD; the DBs for gambling a little too much (look at the half-hearted attempt on Rogers's part. I don't know if he expected help at that moment - or not - but I think it's safe to say there was probably miscommunication, and bad angles being taken.
I think a lot of the mess ups on Defense were because of the absence of Wills! #1Usually teams have to prepare for Wills, so with him out they were able to concentrate on everyone else. #2 They're lame Skelton doesn't get as many rushing yards with Willis present! #3 Grant was the one who blew the most tackles today! The point is Wills does things on the field that has nothing to do with coaching. This game would have been totally different if Wills had played! But all of that aside our offense MUST punch it in when we are inside the 5 yard line 3 time! Our crappy REDZONE offense finally cost us a game!

Exactly. If he plays that Fitz deep play correctly the ball should have been picked off or batted down. And at the very least he should have just made the tackle. He also took some bad angles on other plays. He makes big plays but gives up big plays. I think Grant missed an easy tackle on Fitzgerald as well that led to another huge play. .
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 11, 2011 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by 8to80:
Great response! I love how you back up your opinions too. LOL.

The defense forces 3 turnovers, and gives our offense great field position all game, and our offense comes out with only 1 touchdown. So Fangio, not Roman, was outcoached?
This. Now plz lock this down.
Some people are a bunch of cry babies. It was the offense who was at fault for this loss, not the defense.
I'm tired of us not blitzing more.
Originally posted by lamontb:
When Ray Lewis is missing the Ravens have Ed Reed, Suggs, and Ngata. The Niners don't have near the talent.

I agree he needs to blitz more but I don't think we are going to see it. He's totally relying on a 4 man rush to bring pressure and play coverage behind it. I think what makes it more disappointing is that we watch our offensive line struggle with multiple blitzes yet our defense never runs any.

With that said I can't blame coaching on today's lost. They just got beat by a better player in Fitzgerald. Stop one of those big plays. and get the offense to actually score red zone touchdown and you have a win.

I agree....we get killed by blitz on offensive side of ball but yet we don't especially with the backup qb in. That's bad coaching in my opinion. I think both side of ball played average today.
I came for the overreaction from fans who think that their opinions are being read and noted by 49ers staffers. I was not disappointed.
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
I'm tired of us not blitzing more.

I agree....we get killed by blitz on offensive side of ball but yet we don't especially with the backup qb in. That's bad coaching in my opinion. I think both side of ball played average today.

This, Baltimore and Arizona utterly killed the 49ers with the blitz, yet on the other side of the ball, the defense sits back and allows the offense to pick them apart. At times Fangio will have to let loose and go after the other team, especially with a shaky quarterback like Skelton at the helm.
Wasn't out coached. Missed tackled on a couple of big plays by the Cards and Fritz. Sometimes that's all you need to win/lose a game. I didn't see any one complaining about the D when we were leading and well into the 3rd qtr. The D also stopped them in a couple of times in the 4th to get the ball back to our offense.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 11, 2011 at 6:45 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:

Exactly. If he plays that Fitz deep play correctly the ball should have been picked off or batted down. And at the very least he should have just made the tackle. He also took some bad angles on other plays. He makes big plays but gives up big plays. I think Grant missed an easy tackle on Fitzgerald as well that led to another huge play. .

Like I've been saying all along (and no I don't want a cookie), Goldson is just not a good center-fielder. You know who's better, Mark Barron....lets get him!!!
the knock on fangio was that his D's get worse statistically each year hes there, hopefully were not already seeing a decline