LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Fangio was out-coached Version 2.0

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Once again, 49ers lose a game where the other team brought constant and endless pressure and kept the 49ers offense off balance all game long. Meanwhile the other team's quarterback had forever and a day to sit back and pick the defense apart.

IN B4 "Fangio is a genius, how dare you." "This team wasn't out-coached"...blah...blah.

The 49ers are not getting consistent pressure, not like they were earlier in the season, they aren't getting enough pressure in the face of the opposing quarterback and they are getting beat, until this is corrected, they aren't going anywhere. its not that they've progressed, they're actually regressing, they looked far better in the Detroit game and I'm starting to wonder how much impact fatigue on a limited rotation is having? In anycase, they're not getting pressure with 4 people like they were earlier this year and teams are crowding and attacking up the middle, kicking the s**t out of Alex Smith and the other team's QB might as well be having a gin and tonic while sitting back in the pocket.

The Cardinals do not have better personnel than the 49ers, they were just using their personnel FAR better today.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM ]
i DON'T think he was outcoached so much that the offense blew numerous opportunities to punch it in the endzone....
OFGGGGGZZZZZZ@#@#$@!! HES NOT PUURFUCT?!?!?!?!?!??
The constant is that the 49ers aren't generating a consistent pass rush anymore. Heading into the playoffs, that is a recipe for disaster. This team made a mediocre QB look formidable today. Most of that was the inability to get pressure and Skelton getting to scan all over the field and pick his spots.

Meanwhile Horton had the Cardinals sending multiple guys right into Alex's face, play after play after play. It comes down to play-calling and coaching. Just as with Pagano in Baltimore, today Horton called a much better defensive gameplan than Fangio did. Bend but don't break only works as long as you're defense DOESN'T break.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM ]
Offense was at fault not defense
No Willis = Mediocre D
This game was just embarrassing. I hate my life
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
Offense was at fault not defense

Yes......the offense gave up 50+ yard plays multiple times, the offense allowed the quarterback to sit in the pocket forever............
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
No Willis = Mediocre D

True. Grant whiffed on several plays. The big one being the long catch and run to set up their 3rd touchdown.
Yea today I can't say he was really out coached. Once again not blitzing or having any type of zone blitz packages is a major flaw of this defense. Aside from that Fitzgerald just outplayed our players. I think the concerning thing is where is the pressure from J Smith, Raymac, Parys, or Brooks? These guys just aren't making plays in terms of pass rush. One reason they didn't blitz early in the season was b/c the front 4 were making plays. Now it's just Aldon making plays. And let's not forget 52 was missing out there today.
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM ]

Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
No Willis = Mediocre D

True. Grant whiffed on several plays. The big one being the long catch and run to set up their 3rd touchdown.

grant did whiff but he played well no doubt about it. i honestly think the defense played pretty well minus fitzgerald. i know i know i saw how many points they scored as well but when the offense starts to consistently put up 3 and outs or barely more than that then the defense is bound to give up points
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea today I can't say he was really out coached. Once again not blitzing or having any type of zone blitz packages is a major flaw of this defense. Aside from that Fitzgerald just outplayed our players. I think the concerning thing is where is the pressure from J Smith, Raymac, Parys, or Brooks? These guys just aren't making plays in terms of pass rush. One reason they didn't blitz early in the season was b/c the front 4 were making plays. Now it's just Aldon making plays. And let's not forget 52 was missing out there today.
Kind of how like Ray Lewis didn't play in the Baltimore game and they still imposed their will on this team?

Fangio is a step above Manusky but he's frustrating with his overly conservative playcalling at times. When you have a young, questionable QB like Skelton, you bring the house and rattle him, not allow him to sit back and get comfy and pick the questionable secondary apart.
  • 8to80
Nothing wrong with Vic Fangio. Maybe he can blitz more, but you guys are over-reacting.
[ Edited by 8to80 on Dec 11, 2011 at 4:48 PM ]
Not really
  • 8to80
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Not really
Great response! I love how you back up your opinions too. LOL.

The defense forces 3 turnovers, and gives our offense great field position all game, and our offense comes out with only 1 touchdown. So Fangio, not Roman, was outcoached?
Share 49ersWebzone