There are 231 users in the forums

Red zone offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
SUXX!!!!
Harbaugh has done a great job this year, but I put our Redzone failures on him. Time after time I see the same run-formation that goes nowhere even against the worst defenses. I've got no problems with what they try to do in between the 20's. The improvement in that area has increased dramatically and is a big reason why we are 10-3. The RZ playcalling is awful. Jimmy Raye's offense was more effective in the Red Zone. Considering the high football acumen of Harbaugh, this is inexcusable. It's his responsibility to tell Roman to mix it up. We are in week 14 now and the offense has regressed. If Harbaugh is the kind of coach I think he is, he will fix it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Whats that ?
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
Alex smith can't throw deep

he threw 60 yards to crab the week before. it's his deep accuracy that hinders him IMO.

Back on topic, question: Why the f**k cant we connect on those back shoulder passes to Braylon?? Seriously? And why do we only throw sideline passes?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Too conservative in the Redzone....its either run up the middle or throw to the corner endzones. We need to be more aggressive. We have a very good TE tandem in Davis and Walker....so why do they never get looks inside the redzone? All of the TD's that Davis and Walker have are mostly from outside of the 20's.

Aside from the Special Teams....this team played crappy today....but the #1 concern was the redzone offense. Had those FG's been TD's instead....all our questions would have been answered about the offense and the playoffs.
middle of the endzone.

that area of the field is never targeted.

why.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
middle of the endzone.

why.

Because Smith CANNOT throw into coverage. He doesn't have the balls right now to deliver these kinds of big throws.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
middle of the endzone.

why.

Because Smith CANNOT throw into coverage. He doesn't have the balls right now to deliver these kinds of big throws.
get out of here with that s**t, he threw into coverage all day....and almost got picked off.
middle of the endzone.

why.

I can re-call numerous times where he's thrown into the endzone a midst coverage... why we don't do it, I still don't know.
Originally posted by jreff22:
middle of the endzone.

why.

get out of here with that s**t, he threw into coverage all day....and almost got picked off.

Share 49ersWebzone