There are 167 users in the forums

Start Kyle Williams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Start Kyle Williams?

Only question is ,"Why not start him". Kid does have good hands and is our best guy with ball once he catches it. He is a terrific runner once he catches that ball.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
my only guess is because you wanna see what you can get out of Ginn and Edwards before deciding to let them go or not. IDK?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by King49er:
If anyone here thinks Braylon Edwards will be a 49er next year, I have a feeling you guys will be in for a shock.

He's done NOTHING for this time, and I mean NOTHING at all.

Yes he's injured, that's not his fault, but he's on a 1 year contract and has been hurt all year, you think Ballke is going to re-sign him on the premise that he "might be good next year if he's healthy". It doesn't work that way.

Unless Edwards steps it up in these next 4 games and becomes a force in the playoffs, than his ass is as good as gone. Williams should be the starter, he's proven himself more than Edwards, it's not even close.

Start Kyle Williams, he's a playmaker, he needs to be on the field.

no doubt in my mind that he gets let go.

I think you guys are right, I think he's trailing in the chance to stay in SF.

But if he goes, conventional wisdom says we don't have any size in our WR core and should pick a big boy up... but I'm if this season has shown me anything, it's that conventional may not be Harbaugh's thang... Three tight end trip sets... oh man, every week, It's like Christmas, I get a new surprise.
Originally posted by 1swift:
Looks like we're all in agreement. I'll call Jim.

Not so sure that Braylon will be let go after this year. I think this organization have a history of being patient with injured players. I think what Baalke will end up doing is try to keep Braylon on the team next year at a reasonable price. But he will have to search for another receiver and not depend on Braylon altogether. Can't really evaluate Braylon this year with the injuries. I hope Braylon can at least show us something in the next 4 games and in the playoff for good indication next year.

What we should worry about is Ted Ginn. He's a good returner with receiving capability even with some drops. Other teams will try to make a run for him in FA. I really like Williams potential. I think despite of his lack of size he's capable of just making plays. It's all about giving him a chance and accentuate what he does best.
Take a look at Kyle's highlights at ASU. I was ecstatic when we drafted him in the 6th round last year. If he had not been injured his rookie season, he would definitely be starting now. Best hands and quickness among the receivers. Incredible ability to catch the ball in a crowd. The sooner he is starting, the better off we will be. Make sure you mute the audio when the music starts. Good highlights though...

• dj43
Edwards still has time to earn a spot next season but he will have to play very well, starting this weekend. The key game for him would be the Pittsburgh game. If he plays well against their very good secondary, he will likely be back, although at this point, there is no way the FO will invest any more money on him.
I kinda like Braylon Edwards to start IF he was 100%

But Kyle Williams > Ginn any day at WR.
I prefer to start Ginn and have Williams in the slot
He's from Arizona, he's probably a Larry Fitzgerald fan...

He should definitely get some starts, he is stepping up in a big way.

I'm so happy about Kyle Williams, he plays with so much fire, a straight up beast.
Originally posted by dj43:
Edwards still has time to earn a spot next season but he will have to play very well, starting this weekend. The key game for him would be the Pittsburgh game. If he plays well against their very good secondary, he will likely be back, although at this point, there is no way the FO will invest any more money on him.

I think he may be gone unless he takes the same money. Ginn took a paycut this year and I think we keep him due to his value in all phases of the game. We have used him a lot of different ways.

With Morgan coming back, Braylon could be expendable.
Originally posted by 1swift:
Looks like we're all in agreement. I'll call Jim.

this
Originally posted by jreff22:
I would start Kyle and let Braylon play a couple of snaps to slowly get him back into the mix.

I say start him and put Braylon in for redzones. Braylon would be used at the back end of the endzone patterns and crab and Kyle for slants and patterns front of the endzone.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Share 49ersWebzone