LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Start Kyle Williams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Start Kyle Williams?

- Josh Morgan is injured for the season with a broken leg.
- Ted Ginn is a great return man but drops a lot of passes.
- Braylon Edwards has a bad knee and a bad shoulder. He rarely if ever plays. And when he does he limps around 1/2 speed.

- VD is a great TE but he has some drops. Putting Kyle Williams out there gives another SURE HANDED target.

Kyle Williams and Crabtree are probably the 2 best hands guys on the team. In fact I may put Kyle ahead of him. And Kyle is fast too. Real fast with good quickness. Runs great routes too. Tougher than given credit for as well. See the stiffarm.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 9, 2011 at 1:09 AM ]
He reminds me a bit of a poor man's Steve Smith. I say give him a shot to prove he's the real deal.
At the least, give him more playing time.
I would start Kyle and let Braylon play a couple of snaps to slowly get him back into the mix.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He reminds me a bit of a poor man's Steve Smith. I say give him a shot to prove he's the real deal.

I think he is the real deal. He can at least be a Wes Welker type for us. No use wasting him on the bench. He always makes plays when in. And I love the fact that he catches everything you throw at him.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I would start Kyle and let Braylon play a couple of snaps to slowly get him back into the mix.

I agree. He needs time to heal anyway. Playing 1/2 speed and limping around is not helping anybody. The team or Braylon. Maybe rest him and rehab his knee and shoulder for the playoffs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I think he is the real deal. He can at least be a Wes Welker type for us. No use wasting him on the bench. He always makes plays when in. And I love the fact that he catches everything you throw at him.

Oh yeah. He's awesome, he's compact and strong and real athletic. He has a lot of talent, I want to see more of that long touchdown he broke from the rams game.
Originally posted by English:
At the least, give him more playing time.

I would. No use wasting him on the bench.
Looks like we're all in agreement. I'll call Jim.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
He should def. be our no.3 WR - but you can't ignore how Ginn is progressing as a WR in this system as well. Crabtree, Edwards, Ginn, and Kyle make a pretty decent group in our offense.

...but we really need to get Edwards going in the next 4 weeks. If we can do that, we can solve a lot of our redzone issues. Kyle should start if Edwards is injured, or get a lot of snaps at the expense of Ted Ginn.

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
He should def. be our no.3 WR - but you can't ignore how Ginn is progressing as a WR in this system as well. Crabtree, Edwards, Ginn, and Kyle make a pretty decent group in our offense.

...but we really need to get Edwards going in the next 4 weeks. If we can do that, we can solve a lot of our redzone issues. Kyle should start if Edwards is injured, or get a lot of snaps at the expense of Ted Ginn.

I like Ginn but he drops critical passes. This guy never drops them.

Good comparison. From everything that I have seen, I say start him.
Edwards is starting and healthy? I say go with Edwards for this game if he doesnt show anything then bring in Williams along and he'll slowly take over the position.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Edwards is starting and healthy? I say go with Edwards for this game if he doesnt show anything then bring in Williams along and he'll slowly take over the position.

Since when has Edwards been healthy?
Start Kyle Williams and rotate Edwards in until he shows that he can make plays.
Share 49ersWebzone