There are 186 users in the forums

Why does VD shy away from contact?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Kolohe:
In terms of toughness, which what a TE is suppose to be, I think Davis is. Not saying hes not good, because hes one of the best in the game, but shying away from contact will make you somewhat overrated.

You know with him having the initials "VD", I would have thought he would be all about contact.

Wow. Its amazing how people jock this guy one game and then bash him the next. VD is one of the best TE in the leagues plain and simple.
Dr's orders. Severe impact might damage his butt implants.
Originally posted by 305Niner:
Wow. Its amazing how people jock this guy one game and then bash him the next. VD is one of the best TE in the leagues plain and simple.

that wide open T.D . Drop was UGLY.

You can't do that against the packers or Saints.

I also agree that VD shys away from contact. I think it stems from his rookie year. He caught a nice pass, but got BLASTED. He tried to get up
but he went back down. Like a knockout. After that hit, he had his 1 year drop a thon slump.
Cuz he's a lil b***h. Lol
I hate to say it but he's not having one of his best years this year. He hasn't been targeted as much but he has missed some opportunities. Running out of bounds for no reason other than to avoid contact, alligator arming, dropping passes. Annoying. I still love him though.
  • islam
  • Veteran
Vernon Davis has always been a soft ass player....and no football IQ whatsoever!
I would like to see Vernon play pissed off and manhandle some lb`s/db`s, u know he could do it if he tried...
Delanie is looking really bad sometimes as well.

WTF

These are Tight ends, not WR's
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Share 49ersWebzone