There are 265 users in the forums

What (Realistic) expectation of yours hasn't been accomplished?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Before the year began I had a checklist for the team and individual players of what I would like to see accomplished. The majority have already happened, and only a few remain...

Accomplished
Win the division
Alex improve into a better QB...just no costly mistakes and be efficient... (next year I would probably look for certain stats)
Hire a good coach
Hire a good GM
Get instant impact players in the Draft
Get a new D Cooridinator (Manusky drove me crazy)
Find a pass Rush
Fix the secondary
Get the new stadium going
Gore have another great year
Better special teams

Not Yet...
1000 yard WR - Crabs has a chance but I don't think it's going to happen
Willis wins the DOP of the year - This injury is a setback
Vernon to have a monster year - He is having an ok year but I thought it would be huge
A 10+ sack guy on the team - Aldon is half a sack away
Aldon to win DROY - he is in the running - Von Miller has pretty good shot though

Did anyone else have any expectations for the team/players that have or have not yet been accomplished?
For me:

- Dashon Goldson probowl selection. Dudes ballin this year and deserves a lot more credit then he gets.

- Alex Smith Comeback player of the year. 7 straight seasons of disappointment, along with getting booed off the field by his own teams fans and being compared to Aaron Rodgers (which is unfair IMO considering their NFL upbringings) The way hes responded and played this year.... hes a lock.

- JH Coach of the year. Dont know anyone that even comes close other than Mike McCarthy. But this team was being picked to finish in the bottom 5 during the pre-season, and Harbs has this team playing at an elite level. Only way I see him losing is if Bellichick wins again because the media cant get his sack out their mouths.

- Carlos Rogers probowl

- Clinch #2 seed

- Beat the Saints

- Beat the Packers

- SERIOUSLY BEAT THE F'IN PACKERS

- Win the superbowl.
Hmm.. I never thought about putting together a list of expectations. I just watch & enjoy.
Record is always the most important thing, but I want the team and individual players to raise their level of play each year. I always expect a great draft and whoever we choose, I want them to fight for Defensive and Offensive Rookie of the year. We just didn't have an offensive rookie that received playing time other than Miller.
The only thing I wanted out of this year was a winning season. It's fun again to watch 49er football.

I will admit that my hopes are up. I'd be disappointed if we were one and done in the playoffs but would still be happy about the season and direction overall.

Now we just need to get some of these key contributors locked up with reasonable contracts.
No realistic expectation not already accomplished.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Red zone offense seems to be getting worse not better. And still not 300 yard game for smith.
Every realistic goal pretty much for me has been met. The nly thing i wanted to see was Kyle Williams being utilized more and Crabs getting to the next level as a reciever so far its been truly awesome seeing this team perform as well as it has so far. GO NINERS!!!!!
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
For me:

- Dashon Goldson probowl selection. Dudes ballin this year and deserves a lot more credit then he gets.

- Alex Smith Comeback player of the year. 7 straight seasons of disappointment, along with getting booed off the field by his own teams fans and being compared to Aaron Rodgers (which is unfair IMO considering their NFL upbringings) The way hes responded and played this year.... hes a lock.

- JH Coach of the year. Dont know anyone that even comes close other than Mike McCarthy. But this team was being picked to finish in the bottom 5 during the pre-season, and Harbs has this team playing at an elite level. Only way I see him losing is if Bellichick wins again because the media cant get his sack out their mouths.

- Carlos Rogers probowl

- Clinch #2 seed

- Beat the Saints

- Beat the Packers

- SERIOUSLY BEAT THE F'IN PACKERS

- Win the superbowl.

knowing the nfl bias they will prob give the comeback award to plexico "cheddar bob" burress
They have surpassed my original expectations. Now though, they have risen the bar and like a greedy sob I want and expect more.

Originally posted by susweel:
Red zone offense seems to be getting worse not better. And still not 300 yard game for smith.

I think they just play it safe in the redzone and take the easy 3 unless they can find a breakdown in matchups. Allowing Alex to take more chances would result in more td's but also INT's.

The 300's yards is something I wouldn't mind seeing more. He is winning and that's all that matter's to me, but for some reason if he doesn't throw for 300, he is only managing a game. The analysts see 274 or 293 and they say Alex is managing. If they see 300, they talk like a QB had a great game .
Probably Vernon Davis. He's been a bit of a disappointment. I thought with Harbaugh's love of the TE he would have a big year, but he's been extremely inconsistent this year.

But everything else has pretty much exceeded my expectations. I never would have thought that we would be 10-2 and have the division clinched at thus point in the season.
at least 1 playoff win
If Crabs isn't getting his 1000 yards then surely VD should be putting up Rob Gronkowski type numbers.
I'll take the teams success over individual numbers any day, but I guess as typical niner fan ,"I Want it ALL!"
I think all of my expectations have been met.

I already know Alex has some key limitations but he has actually met my expectations. Not exceeded, met.

The only part that has exceeded my expectations has been the head coach.
Share 49ersWebzone