There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you rather have a first round bye or work on the passing game?

Would you rather have a first round bye or work on the passing game?

We are going to the playoffs, and the next step is to work on getting a first round bye.

If we keep the game plan we've been running all over the teams and when playing the NFC West, that seems like the smart and easy way to go, but if we're going to the playoffs we need to worry about going up against pass happy teams that can run up the score.

Should we open up the playbook and work on the passing game with more chance for error for the next few games and risk a loss? Or keep it safe and run the ball and probably get the first round bye.

I wouldn't mind losing a couple games if we're able to work on a better passing game going into the playoffs with the risk of not having a first round bye. What do you guys think?
ummmm
We can still improve the passing attack and win games at the same time ...Yesterday was a perfect example
Originally posted by pyroglass:
We are going to the playoffs, and the next step is to work on getting a first round bye.

If we keep the game plan we've been running all over the teams and when playing the NFC West, that seems like the smart and easy way to go, but if we're going to the playoffs we need to worry about going up against pass happy teams that can run up the score.

Should we open up the playbook and work on the passing game with more chance for error for the next few games and risk a loss? Or keep it safe and run the ball and probably get the first round bye.

I wouldn't mind losing a couple games if we're able to work on a better passing game going into the playoffs with the risk of not having a first round bye. What do you guys think?

You probably thought better of this after you posted it. Right?
no need to choose, we're doing both.
voted for keep the gameplan. Would rather that they do both. I like relying on the run game and strong def. What i would like is for them to work on redzone plays. we seem to have no problem getting down the field but then we look sloppy in the redzone. Alex and comp. should have a lot more td's. Figure out what plays work and what plays don't so that we can be more successful come playoff time...
1st Round Bye = Home game for divisional round.

I'll take the bye.
the odds of us not getting a bye are extremely small. We would have to lose twice and the Saints would have to run the table. They might do that, but I find it hard to believe that we'll lose twice.
is this a serious question
We have no choice but to start establishing the passing game! Did you see the saints last night? Plus the pack, the giants, the lions. Yeah we beat the lions and giants. But it will garunteed be a different game come post season they are going to pass all over us! The great thing is we have the talent to do it. We are loaded with offensive weapons!!!
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
We have no choice but to start establishing the passing game! Did you see the saints last night? Plus the pack, the giants, the lions. Yeah we beat the lions and giants. But it will garunteed be a different game come post season they are going to pass all over us! The great thing is we have the talent to do it. We are loaded with offensive weapons!!!

they can pass all day long if they wish, scoring points will not be easy for them
I think we have a good enough defense to do both. Work on the passing game and win.
I say secure the 1st round bye or big leads in games, then totally work on the passing game.

It's not so much the passing game though in my opinion (as I've noted in other threads). Its the OLINE.

The Oline is holding back the offense's effectiveness. And I think it is a talent issue. Not sure how you fix that over teh next few weeks.
both
The run game is not anywhere close to perfect and who said they can not pass? Both areas need work. Why would anyone not want the first round bye?