There are 150 users in the forums

2011 49ers: Road to a playoff bye...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here is who we need to root for this weekend to help clear the way to a #2 spot and bye:

Giants over Dallas -- get Dallas to six losses eliminates them from mathematically catching 49ers if 49ers win over AZ
ATL over CAR -- would prefer to have ATL catch NO so maybe we have a chance of playing ATL vs NO in playoffs
MIN over DET -- hate Detroit and eliminates them from mathematically catching 49ers if 49ers win over AZ
TEN over NO -- I hope you know this already! due to tie breaker, eliminates them from mathematically catching 49ers if 49ers win over AZ
DEN over CHI -- eliminates them from mathematically catching 49ers if 49ers win over AZ
OAK over GB -- ruin their perfect season and reveal a game plan to beat them :)
STL over Seattle -- just don't like SEA and don't want to see them even sneak into a wild card spot

Have I miscalculated anything above?

Even if the above occurs, if would still be impossible to eliminate NO as a threat until the next week, which would then require us to beat the Steelers and NO to lose again.
TEN is the only one that really matters for the #2 seed.
the game plan for GB has also been exposed they have had a lot of close call game

also good post

and like the guy above me said ten is really only one that matters
How good is the Packers run D?
all you zoners fans need to check yourselves and truly get real.. Keep on talking about first round byes and opponets and how we can beat new orleans at home versus in their stadium or travel to gb and stop them in the cold. Please!!!. Gb just put over 30 points on oakland in the first half. Rodgers is unstoppable. They will run the table and win the superbowl.
you guys are kidding yourselves. You watching the arizona game today. With an arizona Backup qb and our offense in the red zone 3 times or was it 4. No touchdowns but fieldgoals is a joke. You really think this is going to change from now to the end of the year. DREAM ON. The defense is great and the offensive is servicable at best.. But please go ahead bandwagoners and explain how were going to shock the world come playoff time.
[ Edited by whatawegot on Dec 11, 2011 at 2:47 PM ]
Well u can forget a first round bye. You cant lose to teams with a losing record at the end of the season and expect to get a bye. We will most likely lose 2 of the next 3 games to finish at 11-5. I am happy that we improved and made the playoffs this year but anyone that thinks we have any chance to do more then get in is crazy. Our pass D stinks and we can never score TDs when needed.
[ Edited by JBatta49erfansince81 on Dec 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM ]
There is a very good chance they won't have that bye now.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Well u can forget a first round bye. You cant lose to teams with a losing record at the end of the season and expect to get a bye. We will most likely lose 2 of the next 3 games to finish at 11-5. I am happy that we improved and made the playoffs this year but anyone that thinks we have any chance to do more then get in is crazy. Our pass D stinks and we can never score TDs when needed.

I agree with the way that we're going to finish - we're just not playing well now. We'll limp into the playoffs and maybe lose in the first round and if not, get murdered in New Orleans the next week.

But for the record - NO has losses to the Rams and the Bucs this year
The real question is, will NO lose again this year? They're
@ Minnesota
vs. Atlanta
vs. Carolina

They'll be favored in all of those, and their all dome games.I think they win out. Today was their best chance to lose and they squeaked it out.
I'm just as disheartened by this loss at the next guy, but you guys are freaking out for no good reason.

Despite the team not giving fans any reason to think they can beat PIT next Monday night, if they do, ALL will be forgotten.

You can't ignore the horrendous OL play or the fact that the team looked exposed, but let's give a 10-3 team a chance to breathe before we slam them.

I'll be the first to admit I expected approximately six wins this year. I consider the season to be a gift. This was not a playoff game. This was a let down game. Let the team regroup for 8 days and if they shine in the spotlight of Monday Night, all's well. If they don't, we'll be pissed but never forget how bad this team was just a short time ago.

If we win out, we still get the 2 seed.
49ers Play
Pittsburgh (Tough Game)
@Seattle (Tough Game/Played us close at Home)
@Rams (Bradford back)??

Saints play
@Minnesota (Hows this not a win?)
Atlanta (Should be a win)
Carolina (How is this not a win?

I think saints easily win 2, most likely 3..
We NEED to win out..
I think if we get the 1st round bye, superbowl is in our grasp if not. thats ALOT of games for our team to win, especially when it seems the more teams blitz the better a chance they have, all 4 games they will be blitzing us...
this b***h up
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Considering we have the #2 seed right now with it entirely in control by our own actions... our chances are great to average.

And Bradford is a concern for you? WTF.
Saints also played the Rams....how did they not win that game? This is the NFL, any given Sunday. Don't assume anything, let's just cheer on our boys and hope for the best.
GO NINERS!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone