LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

2011 49ers: Road to a playoff bye...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Here's what you need to know...

If the Niners win their remaining division games, they have the #2 seed. Nothing else matters. Not even the Pittsburgh game.
Originally posted by okdkid:

If the Niners win their remaining division games, they have the #2 seed. Nothing else matters. Not even the Pittsburgh game.

we could even lose a division game, as long as we beat Pitt.
I still say that the Titans, Falcons, and Pathers games are very losable for the Saints. If we take care of our business we won't have to worry about the Saints in the 1st round.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I still say that the Titans, Falcons, and Pathers games are very losable for the Saints. If we take care of our business we won't have to worry about the Saints in the 1st round.

I'm assuming you mean 2nd round?

2 game lead on the division and 2 games on the 4 seed as well. Will probally get Detroit or Chicago or which ever team sucks less.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by okdkid:

we could even lose a division game, as long as we beat Pitt.
What I am hoping for is that the Saint's lose to the Vikes and we have the Monday night game knowing we could clinch the 2nd seed. I know that the Vikings are not that good but when the Saint's are on the road vs a team that can run, they have struggled and AP should be back by then. That would put us at 12 wins and the saints would have lost 4 NFC games with us only able to lose 3 at most.

That should enable us to rest some players going into the the last two weeks. First thing though is we must beat the Cardinals for any of this to matter.
[ Edited by dwett on Dec 5, 2011 at 4:58 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
You know, ever since the divisions realigned and the Saints became good they were a feel good story for the league esp. after Katrina.

Now that all that is done and they have been the team, I want that old NFC West rivalry back and I want the Aints disciplined!!!!!

yeah but only in our backyard!!

Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'm assuming you mean 2nd round?

2 game lead on the division and 2 games on the 4 seed as well. Will probally get Detroit or Chicago or which ever team sucks less.

Right. Plus I don't think the Saints will overtake us for the 2nd seed either, for the same reasons.
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
I hope the coach calls Peyton before the game this time. I guess he was a little upset about not getting a pre-game phone call and decided to blitz the entire game.

Saints coach Sean Payton was sore with Jim Harbaugh because the rookie coach never called Payton before the gameRead more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/12/49ers-saints-on-a-collision-course.html#ixzz1fhABTkub

f**k Payton and his hurt feelings. He's gonna know what a passrush really is soon enough baleedat.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I hope the coach calls Peyton before the game this time. I guess he was a little upset about not getting a pre-game phone call and decided to blitz the entire game.

Saints coach Sean Payton was sore with Jim Harbaugh because the rookie coach never called Payton before the gameRead more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/12/49ers-saints-on-a-collision-course.html#ixzz1fhABTkub

f**k Payton and his hurt feelings. He's gonna know what a passrush really is soon enough baleedat.

I wanted a rematch with these guy after that game

Jim will bring fire, fury, brimstone, and the nastiest D in the NFL

RIP Saints

WHO CARES Bring it on Payton, this isn't preseason anymore.

i don't want to rely on having to win the last 2 games----beat Arizona and beat Pittsburgh--that Seattle game will be darn tough--i think the toughest game left on the schedule. ( which doesn't mean they are better than Pittsburgh--just the way it is)
the stick better be ROCKIN! wanna see Brees on his ass all day long
saints can be had, just like any tea, aj feely beat them this year, they go on primetime indoors at home for a couple of weeks put up a lot of points and all of a sudden they're unbeatable and gonna run the table, nfl has the biggest media over reactions of any league
There are six teams that could catch us, the 49ers can't mail this thing in yet. If we win and everyone (except NYG) loses next week, then the race will be down to NO. I'll be rooting for Tenn, NYG, DEN, Min, CAR, and Oak this coming Sunday!

SF 10-2 Best Case 14-2 Worst Case Scenario: 10-6 Most likely worst case record: 12-4
Remaining schedule: AZ, Pitt, SEA, STL

NO 9-3 Best Case 13-3 Worst Case Scenario: 9-7 Most likely worst case record: 12-4 / 11-5
Remaining: Tenn, Min, ATL, CAR

Dallas 7-5 Best Case 11-5 Worst Case: 7-9 (miss playoffs) Most likely worst case: 9-7
Remaining: NYG, TB, PHI, NYG

CHI 7-5 Best Case 11-5 Worst Case: 7-9 (miss playoffs) Most likely worst case: 8-8
Remaining DEN, SEA, GB, Min

DET 7-5 Best Case 11-5 Worst Case: 7-9 (miss playoffs) Most likely worst case: 9-7
Remaining Min, Oak, SD, GB

ATL 7-5 Best Case 11-5 Worst Case: 7-9 (miss playoffs) Most likely worst case: 9-7
Remaining CAR, Jacksonville, NO, TB

NYG 6-6 Best Case 10-6 Worst Case: 6-10 (miss playoffs) Most likely worst case: 8-8
Remaining Dallas, Wash, NYJ, Dallas

GB 12-0 Best Case 16-0 Worst Case: 12-4 (miss playoffs) Most likely worst case: 15-1
Remaining Oak, KC, CHI, Det (losing one of these will take a fluke)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
good job

looks like saints are going to win out

as long as we take care of our division games then we get the bye

Saints and Falcons are division rivals so its not a guaranteed win for them......
Share 49ersWebzone