LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Playoff Scenarios

Shop Find 49ers gear online
will end up with the third seed if we lose against the steelers saints are back to super bowl form the only game i see them losing is the falcons steelers is the playoff game for the number 2 seed if they win they get it then the seahawks game which are playing hella good becomes do or die because the saints wont drop a game to the vikings or panthers
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Every year wildcard teams seem to upset/dominate; I'm picking the Lions to be the '2009 New York Jets' of the post-season, with the 49ers inheriting the best of the scenario... and I've got a gut feeling I haven't had in ages that MNF will be a Superbowl preview...

One goes home with 6... or one goes home with 7... The Superbowl we were cheated of in 1995 (with the Chargers upsetting the Steelers in the AFC Championship game), in what could have been the battle for 5!

that is one whack as f**k playoff scenario LOL

Falcons will not win AT NY. They haven't won a game outdoors yet IIRC
Originally posted by Sims84:
Falcons will not win AT NY. They haven't won a game outdoors yet IIRC

They won in SEA and CAR
  • vaden
  • Veteran
SF > DET
NYG > ATL
GB > NYG (very close game I give NYG a decent shot at winning)
N.O. > SF
GB > N.O.

NYJ > HOU
PIT > DEN
BAL > NYJ
NE > PIT
BAL > NE

BAL > GB
Hey Guys-

I am flying out from Pennsylvania for the first playoff game. Working on my travel plans now. Is it too early to tell what day of the weekend the game will be on if I am assuming the 2nd or 3rd seed?

If the 49ers get the 2nd seed, do they play on the 14th?

If the 49ers get the 3rd seed, do they become the # 1 Wildcard Seed? With that game on the 8th?

I have been searching around and found conflicting info. Thanks for your help.
Try this sim:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=yahooranker
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Try this sim:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=yahooranker

That is helpful, but it does not show the date of the actual game.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
lmao at the Lions beating the Packers.

Yup. New Orleans already mopped the floor with them once. Detroit can only win games if they're in catch up mode, and that's not going to work against the Saints.

If we're going to the Super Bowl we're going to have go thru the Saints then either Green Bay or Dallas. I do think Dallas has the talent to beat Green Bay.
I know I know, we shouldn't even be talking about it with this 2 game losing streak.

but still looking at it...wow...most of the other teams that are close will be playing each other. The Bears have a tough schedule...have 4 road games, and 2 home games, which are against the Cowboys and Packers last game of the season when Rodgers should be back.

Cards might be trouble for us....they are playing the Eagles this week.... edit- actually they play The Colts..then the Eagles... yay go LUCK!

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM ]
I hope this doesn't get moved...but I think some need to realize how close other teams are to us. We are basically in a win every game situation. I hope the players understand this.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I hope this doesn't get moved...but I think some need to realize how close other teams are to us. We are basically in a win every game situation. I hope the players understand this.

So is every other wildcard team. That's the nature of the wildcard hunt. Not every team will win every week but every team needs/has to.
[ Edited by Antix on Nov 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM ]
Cardinals are hungry, and that's scary the way we have been laying on offense. I think they are going to be the biggest competition.
Originally posted by Antix:

So is every other wildcard team. That's the nature of the wildcard hunt. Not every team will win every week but every team needs/has to.

we only play the Cards from that list.... most if not all the other teams in the hunt all play each other.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM ]

I understand completely. We're in a dog fight. There will be a logjam for the final 2 wild card spots. The NFC is far more competitive than the AFC.

At this point in the season, scheduling becomes a big factor. I think the schedule works in our favor here. Most of the "difficult" games have been played. I feel confident we can close 4-2 or 5-1.

11-5 should get us in for sure. 10-6 could be tricky. This is a weird year. There is a very real possibility there could be 3 teams who finish 10-6 and only 2 wildcard spots. One good team will be left out.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM ]
If the 49ers take the cliché approach of one play at a time and one game at a time, then they got a shot. If they keep this he said he said type attitude then they might miss.
Share 49ersWebzone