LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Offensive Stats that may interest only me....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
to our credit, we have been consistent on our 3rd down conversion percentages.......consistently terrible!

from my thread that was merged a week back..

2/12 16% on 3rd down conversions against the Ravens
8/21 38% on 3rd down conversions against the Cards
3/11 27% against the Giants
3/12 25% against the Redskins
6/15 40% against the Browns
2/14 14% against the Lions
etc...

the point is we have been bad at converting 3rd down conversions all year. It just helped us that most of the teams we played made mistakes to get us good field position or just get the ball back for our offense to get another chance to score something. Sure we caused those mistakes as well, but we have also had the luxury of offenses making bonehead plays to help us out.

we need to see a dramatic improvement against the Rams.

Hmm...9ers were better on 3rd downs with Singletary. OMG...they made a terrible mistake by replacing him with Harbaugh!

As a matter of fact, the 9ers were really good on 3rd down with Dennis Erickson--10th in the NFL! Where is he? Let's bring him back! Stats are fun!
are you serious?

what the hell is wrong with some of you? Every time there are facts provided in front of you about a serious issue with the team, some on here get defensive for GOD KNOWS WHAT REASON and fly off to koo koo land and post nonsense from there.

who the F'said the 9ers made a terrible mistake to replace Singletary with Harbaugh?
You did, with your eyes
Originally posted by valrod33:

who the F'said the 9ers made a terrible mistake to replace Singletary with Harbaugh?
You did, with your eyes
haha...ok.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 2, 2011 at 7:52 AM ]
Good post. Certainly some optimism. Hopefully Edwards get's better and shows up. I think we just need to get Vernon running deep more though. He can stretch the field with Gin. Delay and Crabs can handle underneath and intermediate stuff well and having miller back on the field adds a dimension that will also help.
are you serious?

what the hell is wrong with some of you? Every time there are facts provided in front of you about an issue regarding the team, some on here get defensive for GOD KNOWS WHAT REASON and fly off to koo koo land and post nonsense from there.

Just having some fun here, not trying to be disrespectful!

The 9ers are 9-2 with mediocre 3rd down productivity. To me that means 3rd down productivity is not the be all and end all of importance and that, as we know the offense is not solid yet, we should not take it too seriously. Erickson's 9ers were 40% if memory serves me correctly but what did that mean for the team's overall success?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Now just imagine if we had a gun slinger at QB

We won't Harb's doesn't want one, and neither do I. I will take a conservative smart QB like Alex Smith, I just want one with a laser guided smart bomb tossing missile launcher for an arm! If Alex could only drop a pin point deep strike... Really as he progresses it is his only real flaw, when he goes deep the ball is in the air a mili-second to long, and DB's make the play... That said until said aforementioned Rocket armed smart minded defense reading stud QB appears on the roster, I'm okay with Alex.
Hmm...9ers were better on 3rd downs with Singletary. OMG...they made a terrible mistake by replacing him with Harbaugh!

As a matter of fact, the 9ers were really good on 3rd down with Dennis Erickson--10th in the NFL! Where is he? Let's bring him back! Stats are fun!
I see what you did
are you serious?

what the hell is wrong with some of you? Every time there are facts provided in front of you about an issue regarding the team, some on here get defensive for GOD KNOWS WHAT REASON and fly off to koo koo land and post nonsense from there.

Just having some fun here, not trying to be disrespectful!

The 9ers are 9-2 with mediocre 3rd down productivity. To me that means 3rd down productivity is not the be all and end all of importance and that, as we know the offense is not solid yet, we should not take it too seriously. Erickson's 9ers were 40% if memory serves me correctly but what did that mean for the team's overall success?

This team offensively is not good enough to be inconsistent in the playoffs. A team has to be good in other areas for that stat to actually mean anything. but your chances of winning get alot better overall when your able to convert on 3rd more often or not. being able to constantly move the chains on 3rd when your not a big play offense means we are keeping those Big play QBs less chances to attack our Pass D.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
This team offensively is not good enough to be inconsistent in the playoffs. A team has to be good in other areas for that stat to actually mean anything. but your chances of winning get alot better overall when your able to convert on 3rd more often or not. being able to constantly move the chains on 3rd when your not a big play offense means we are keeping those Big play QBs less chances to attack our Pass D.

Teams are also much more likely to win if the throw no interceptions, or allow no points to be scored against them, or have a very smart coach who knows how to gameplan against opponents. I agree that the niners need to improve in all areas of offense, including running, and believe they will. I am hoping that they peak in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone