There are 177 users in the forums

Are we "a very soft 9 - 2?" The WE DIDN'T PLAY ANYBODY argument.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No room for skeptics among the faithful. Either your riding with us or your not. Go join the national media
We've beat everyone we are supposed to beat and some we weren't supposed to beat. SF and GB are THE most consistent teams in the league because of this. If a "better" team plays us, they better come to play 48 minutes or they will lose.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We've beat everyone we are supposed to beat and some we weren't supposed to beat. SF and GB are THE most consistent teams in the league because of this. If a "better" team plays us, they better come to play 48 minutes or they will lose.

Why not 60 minutes?
Originally posted by cubanb:

Why not 60 minutes?

Damn, started thinking a little NBA since the agreement.
Fact is Green Bay hasn't really played anyone, besides week 1 against the Saints when no one was ready to play anyway. They had an easy schedule for defending champs. So I can say they are soft 11-0.
Bottom Line....

We had "soft" schedules in 1981, 1984, 1988, 1989, and 1994 too.

That worked out OK.

(If I have to explain why I quoted those years, go directly to 49er HQ and turn in your 49er fan membership card).
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Fact is Green Bay hasn't really played anyone, besides week 1 against the Saints when no one was ready to play anyway. They had an easy schedule for defending champs. So I can say they are soft 11-0.

I can't believe GB wins the SB and their 2 extra teams are NYG and STL.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hey I aint soft.
Once you make it to the play-offs everyone has a shot. Are we the best team? I don't think so, but we're getting better and hopefully by then healthier.

It's more than we've had in over a decade. I'll take it with a big smile. In theory, next season we should be even better if they can keep the players together..and based on what I am seeing, I bet they will.
It really doesn't matter to trip on this stuff. Because the 49ers are going to the playoffs this year, and then we will see what kind of team they really are. Throw out the records once the playoffs start.

• Axl49
  • Veteran
Its called playing in the NFL. No team is a soft team. Any given sunday bro simple as that. People need to see you are what your record says you are a lot of times. Playoffs is where it will matter. Ask the 16-0 patriots how they feel about that season.
All valid points. I choose to look at it from a "past is prologue" point of view. Simply put, this team is making plays this year that it wasn't making last year, key plays that are the difference between wins and losses.

This is a damn good team this year. You don't accidentally fall ass-backwards into 9-2, I don't care what the schedule is. Wins are hard to come by week in and week out and when you consider they've won 4 out of 5 on the east coast, that says alot about what this team is capable of regardless of the opponent.
Originally posted by cubanb:

Why not 60 minutes?

Damn, started thinking a little NBA since the agreement.

Classic! 48 minutes!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mickey49:
All valid points. I choose to look at it from a "past is prologue" point of view. Simply put, this team is making plays this year that it wasn't making last year, key plays that are the difference between wins and losses.

This is a damn good team this year. You don't accidentally fall ass-backwards into 9-2, I don't care what the schedule is. Wins are hard to come by week in and week out and when you consider they've won 4 out of 5 on the east coast, that says alot about what this team is capable of regardless of the opponent.

All that matters is what happens in January.
Share 49ersWebzone