There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are we "a very soft 9 - 2?" The WE DIDN'T PLAY ANYBODY argument.

Wow we lose one game to a good team and people are ready to suck every other teams' cocks and kill themselves
for some reason, this pic belongs in this thread.
I dunno why....

Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by Amir:
Yup. Saints are better than us. They destroyed the Giants while we barely got past them.

Your logic sucks. The Saints lost to Tampa in week 6, and didn't beat them by a whole lot again in week 9. We on the other hand beat the crap out of Tampa... So, based on your logic... Who's better now??

Edit.... The Rams also beat the Saints...

So after we crush the Rams we'll be better than the Saints again? . . .
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Yup. Saints are better than us. They destroyed the Giants while we barely got past them.

Your logic sucks. The Saints lost to Tampa in week 6, and didn't beat them by a whole lot again in week 9. We on the other hand beat the crap out of Tampa... So, based on your logic... Who's better now??

Based on Amir's logic... YES! Unfortunately, we won't really be better until we beat the Aint's in the playoffs!
Seeing how we knocked out and injured half the starting running backs we played, it's no wonder all those teams suddenly got worse. Felix Jones, Blount, Jahvid Best...the Lions decline has a lot to do with the decline of their running game. Suddenly defenses are completely keyed into their passing, so you've got Stafford throwing picks galore. Tampa Bay, until recently, didn't have Blount, and went downhill like Picabo Street. Defenses keyed into Josh Freeman's passing, and his INT's went up also.

Do you see a pattern here? All these teams had winning records when we played them. Call it the "49ers Effect". Unfortunately, the Ravens just caught us when we were out of gas, on a very short week. It'll stick to that theory for now. I think we'll know what the truth is when they play Pittsburgh on Monday Night at home.
[ Edited by Psinex on Nov 29, 2011 at 8:31 AM ]
The Bengals are playing the easiest schedule known to man kind. I don't call that a quality win. A good win, but not a playoff type win. They'll play Baltimore and Pittsburgh again lose both times again and will be watching at home. They're last year's Buccaneers.

You got us at 6th best, and that's perfectly fine with me. Just look whose won the Super Bowl the last couple of years. That's a d*mn good football team that easily can make a run in the playoffs. 3 games in January is all we need.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Based on Amir's logic... YES! Unfortunately, we won't really be better until we beat the Aint's in the playoffs!

I really hope we get the Saints in the playoffs so we can get our revenge for that blitz crazy pre-season game. Then Harbaugh can give Payton a hard handshake or worse. Though the Saints (or New York's defense) looked scary yesterday.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Seeing how we knocked out and injured half the starting running backs we played, it's no wonder all those teams suddenly got worse. Felix Jones, Blount, Jahvid Best...the Lions decline has a lot to do with the decline of their running game. Suddenly defenses are completely keyed into their passing, so you've got Stafford throwing picks galore. Tampa Bay, until recently, didn't have Blount, and went downhill like Picabo Street. Defenses keyed into Josh Freeman's passing, and his INT's went up also.

Do you see a pattern here? All these teams had winning records when we played them. Call it the "49ers Effect". Unfortunately, the Ravens just caught us when we were out of gas, on a very short week. It'll stick to that theory for now. I think we'll know what the truth is when they play Pittsburgh on Monday Night at home.

This is one major factor for the tailspin we send teams into.

Our run D usually injures the opposing starter.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The Bengals are playing the easiest schedule known to man kind. I don't call that a quality win. A good win, but not a playoff type win. They'll play Baltimore and Pittsburgh again lose both times again and will be watching at home. They're last year's Buccaneers.

You got us at 6th best, and that's perfectly fine with me. Just look whose won the Super Bowl the last couple of years. That's a d*mn good football team that easily can make a run in the playoffs. 3 games in January is all we need.
The Bengals are legit, They didnt choose their schedule
I don't care. We're going to the playoffs.

Next year, we will be #1 but this year is a stepping stone for the future of the 49ers.
Way overthinking it buddy...

The Giants beat the Patriots
The Rams and Buccaneers beat the Saints
The Seahawks beat the Ravens

I could go on and on...

It's called "any given sunday" ye of so little faith.
It doesn't matter what happens in the regular season, It only matters what happens in the playoffs.
Just look what happened last year with Seattle and N.O. in the playoffs last year.
I really believe there is NO WAY we are one and done in the playoffs.
Fans have been waiting for YEARS for the 49ers to be back on top.
The Adrenaline is going to be through the roof.......or sky(since we don't have a roof) that day at Candlestick
I think 6 is pretty good... I'm happy.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
WTF is this chit? I can't get jiggy with this thread!!
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Wow we lose one game to a good team and people are ready to suck every other teams' cocks and kill themselves
Tell me about it. The Ravens are a good team in a very good division. We MIGHT loose one more game; but I doubt it. A rested 49ers team is a dangerous team. People need to have more faith in their team and don't panic after one lose. The Ravens beat up on a tired team, pure and simple; and if bellwether fans can't see that then I suggest that they just don't comment at all. All this talk about the niners being a weak 9-2 is crap We beat some very good teams, some going to the playoffs. And the teams we lost to we played pretty tough. I bet those teams wont want to face in the playoffs.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home