Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
yeah, here is the formula for beating the niners:

1. have the baltimore ravens defense
2. make sure sorry ass chilo rachal plays and compromises our whole line
3. make alex throw the ball right at Ted Ginn
4. profit

fixed

Ginn still has the worst hands on the team. Although most of our receivers are playing like they've got hot butter on their hands.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
what are Chilo's issues--physically he looks like he should be solid----is he just low IQ?

That and he's very soft. He's like a teddy bear, looks like he'd be mean but they just push him aside and run past. That is when he doesn't get confused on who to block in the first place.
The Ravens were Hungry.. Period. they don't win that game and the playoffs are unrealistic . in their house ,bad ref calls ,and yes a Dline that we had no answer for all game. It was the cumulative effect that proved to be too much to overcome. We got beat by a great team on the road for the first time this season... big deal!!!!! We ALL KNOW THE GAME COULD HAVE EASILY GONE THE OTHER DIRECTION. So if all of these things going right for them is the required formula to beat us ill take it.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
You sack any qb 9 times and you vastly improve your chances of winning.

Lol. I'm laughing at everyone championing the Ravens like they "solved" us. They didn't solve anything. If your QB get hits a lot and sacked NINE FREAKING TIMES you'll probably lose. Seems like common sense to me.
Unless we play all our road games on the east coast every Thursday, then no, John solved nothing.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
refs COUGH refs COUGH
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Our fans are already getting used to winning...

Anyone remember the OL play in the preseason...or last year? Remember how people said it would get better with time? As we all have seen so far in the first 10 games this year, the OL play was great. It's almost a given that this team will once again learn from its mistakes and get better.

This isn't a Nolan/Singeltary team.

Jim Harbaugh/Roman/Fangio all got out coached last night. It's part of the game and it will happen from time to time. Lets not forget that this a ROOKIE HC staff, regardless of how much experience they have. I think this game was a good reminder that this team, although VASTLY improved from the past, still has a long way to go to be considered elite....IMO.

Actually the defense played well. Ravens had one good drive all game the TD. Harbaugh needs to recognize that our offense is the problem 27th in the league not the defense 10th in the League.
what are Chilo's issues--physically he looks like he should be solid----is he just low IQ?

Very poor awareness in zone blocking

Lack of physicality in pass pro

Overall slow and unbalanced
Originally posted by mike:

That and he's very soft. He's like a teddy bear, looks like he'd be mean but they just push him aside and run past. That is when he doesn't get confused on who to block in the first place.

I'd suggest that his softness is a direct result of his hesitancy. You can't bring 100% effort when you're second guessing yourself or unsure of whether you have the right assignment. You sorta have to trust your instincts and let your body do what it needs to do. As soon as you hesitate, you're back on your heels.
The Ravens have one of the best defenses in the NFL. This template won't work with most other teams because they don't have the Ravens' personnel.

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
The Ravens have one of the best defenses in the NFL. This template won't work with most other teams because they don't have the Ravens' personnel.

Dallas f**ked our o-line pretty hard too with Ware. Pretty much any team with a serious speed rushing LB can run past our right side. We haven't really faced many of them. Chris long and Woodley coming up to test our right side some more. It didn't help that they also had ngata to worry about as well. Add on an occasional blitz to really confuse us some more and you've got yourself 9 sacks. I agree it won't work for every team but we may end up playing the cowboys in the playoffs so this is an issue that needs to be fixed.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
You sack any qb 9 times and you vastly improve your chances of winning.

Lol. I'm laughing at everyone championing the Ravens like they "solved" us. They didn't solve anything. If your QB get hits a lot and sacked NINE FREAKING TIMES you'll probably lose. Seems like common sense to me.

Its also no coincidence that eveyone who didn't like smith all of a sudden pops up after this loss. Seriously, how important is it to people to be the annonymous "I told you so" guy on the internet?
I think OP has a point. They blitzed all day, and we could do nothing about it. Didnt change personnel, didnt change the plays being called, and we looked foolish offensively all game long. There are ways to beat the blitz, and we didnt do any of that. Is that to say we cant? No. But if I am other teams, I would definitely model what the Ravens did when they play us.

It might work, it might not. But there is no doubt that this MIGHT be a way to beat us.
this was a healthy loss.
No. BUT he did give us an opportunity to fix things that need fixing before the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone