There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I have never seen

Dont forget the two blatent face masks against alex or the late hits when he managed to get the ball off. I guess certain rules only apply to the elite players. Those who make the nfl money.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I agree w/some of your points but we were outplayed and outcoached today and those things make no difference.

This

Are you guys kidding me?

While I do agree that we were out-coached, the difference in the game was 10 points, one of those penalties (i.e., chop block) removed 7 points from the scoreboard, while the persistent offsides by the Ravens resulted in a franchise tying 9-sack night.

Do not tell me that officiating did not make a difference.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
This is right, the intent of the cho block rule is so an engaged player is not hit low AFTER he is engaged high,not the Chilo block. But, Chilo was completely lost on several plays. He has had weeks to learn the playbook and scheme and clearly hasn't. That is grounds for being cut in my book, unless he has been working hard and has a learning disability the coaches are trying to overcome or something. Billichik would cut him today!

Regardless of the rule's intent, refs use it to prevent the high/low block. I actually missed Ginn's run to the endzone because I had stomped off, knowing as soon as I saw that block they were going to call it. The sad thing is, I think that may have been the ONLY block Chilo made all day! Billicheat might have cut him today, but had it been me - I would have dropped him off the team plane...while in-flight.

I do think the PI call should have come under incidental contact, since he had his head turned and was clearly playing the ball the whole way. On the false start, what is really bad is while the Ravens were waiting for a flag - the RG flinched again! It's like "Hey refs, in case you missed it the first time - this is what I did!".
on the PI brown had the left hand hooked. it was a very good play by him because more time then not it doesn't get called due to the pick. but he had him hooked. Freaking Chio was beat so bad that didn't even touch the defended until after rank chopped him and was damn near on the ground. That Play lost this game for us. Just the fact of having that slob on the field lst us this game and he needs to be gone as soon as possible.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Another thing, I was at the game and I believe during the timeout for the 2 minute warning, Suggs came over to the 9ers sideline and started to taunt them. The coaches looked at the refs for a flag and all the ref did was throw his hands up in the air as though to say, "what can I do?".
people complaining about the chop block penalty being unnecessary. Chilo chop blocking the pass rusher after Frank Gore got him chopped off was unnecessary.
That interception that was called back was terrible as well. Winter looked bad and blew a chance at making an open field tackle on Lee Evans on 3rd and 8 on their touchdown drive and was in coverage (bad) on the td play.
that might have been the strangest pre snap ever. Flacco was even looking to the refs like "are you gonna call that? what should i do?". Horribly officiated game. Suggs was across the LOS all night long before the snap of the ball. Goodell's turkey probably tasted great while he was watching us lose.
It was funny to see all the flags that were called on the 49ers replaying before commercials, and I couldnt do nothing but laugh at all the terrible calls.....Offside by Suggs all night, Chop block that was obviously a home field advantage call, a pass interference which was now cheating for the home team to win, and all the facemask Alex Smith was getting sealed the deal that we wasnt going to win this game.....still giving up 9 sacks and having a great return man playing wide receiver and letting the ball hit his chest on 4th down wide the hell open doesnt help.....Still not worried about the season though....Playoffs, 1st round bye.....RUN IT BACK AT THE SUPERBOWL OLDER BROTHER!!!!!!
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
It was funny to see all the flags that were called on the 49ers replaying before commercials, and I couldnt do nothing but laugh at all the terrible calls.....Offside by Suggs all night, Chop block that was obviously a home field advantage call, a pass interference which was now cheating for the home team to win, and all the facemask Alex Smith was getting sealed the deal that we wasnt going to win this game.....still giving up 9 sacks and having a great return man playing wide receiver and letting the ball hit his chest on 4th down wide the hell open doesnt help.....Still not worried about the season though....Playoffs, 1st round bye.....RUN IT BACK AT THE SUPERBOWL OLDER BROTHER!!!!!!

This!
Originally posted by Thrash88:
The chop block was not the right call it was actually horrible.
It reads:
"An offensive player tries to cut block a defensive player that is already being blocked by another offensive player. The second block may need to be below the thigh or knee, depending on the code"
Frank engaged the player before Chilo was ever there, he chopped the defensive player to then AFTER THE FACT have Chilo push the player over him aka perfectly legal. If Chilo was blocking the Raven defender and then Frank came in and chopped him sure thats a penalty, but to call that and cost us a touchdown was seriously HORRIBLE!

THIS! I was screaming at the TV! and the PI call, really, there was chicken fighting on the play sure, but the WR had an arm bar on the DB as well, since both have a right to the ball you could have just as easily called offensive PI in that case no call is the right call, and hell yes Suggs was in the NZ and starting early all night, considering all that and Rachel sucked balls all night... we are lucky it was even close! As a coach I always told my kids "good teams over come bad calls" Last night those calls were so bad only a great team could over come them, we are simply a good team, when we arrive as a great team, those kind of calls won't even matter, Arrow up!
I think the chop block call wasn't needed because it didn't really effect the play since Gore had him blocked and the call was pretty tic tac, but it wasn't a bad call cause it happened right in front of a ref and Rachel should never have blocked him anyway. He PI that brought back the INT however was horrendous. Brown didn't hoook Smiths arm, Smith was using him are to try to box out Brown, the only time brown hooked Smiths are was when he reached up to catch the ball. It should have been am OPI call or a no call, either ay the ball should have been goign he other way there.
I knew the "blame the referees" threads will emerge.

Let's examine the calls:
1) The chop block: Was just a bad combination of factors that happened together. Harbaugh and Gore have already admitted it was the right call.
2) The pass interference was pass interference. Brown clamped down on Smith's arm, and as unfortunate as it was for the team, the ref has to make that call.

As for the facemask calls, these were missed, which happens every game on both sides. As for Suggs, I believed he was offsides on one play for sure. The ball was run away from him, and he was not involved in the play, but it should have been called.

The team lost on both sides of the line of scrimmage, and on the sidelines from the coaches. Bellyaching over the refs is pointless.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I knew the "blame the referees" threads will emerge.

Let's examine the calls:
1) The chop block: Was just a bad combination of factors that happened together. Harbaugh and Gore have already admitted it was the right call.
2) The pass interference was pass interference. Brown clamped down on Smith's arm, and as unfortunate as it was for the team, the ref has to make that call.

As for the facemask calls, these were missed, which happens every game on both sides. As for Suggs, I believed he was offsides on one play for sure. The ball was run away from him, and he was not involved in the play, but it should have been called.

The team lost on both sides of the line of scrimmage, and on the sidelines from the coaches. Bellyaching over the refs is pointless.

good points but i honestly don't agree with harbaugh or gore know that sounds stupid but looking at the rule for a chop block there is nothing in there considering that block was illegal plus it whipes out a huge momentum shift as did the PI which could have gone either way in which case there should really be no call but honestly the game wouldn't have turned out very different other than the margin of loss if the o-line kept playing like they were all night
Knowing they were bad calls does not make me feel any better about this loss