There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I have never seen

a team commit a false start, the opposing team point it out, and then the guilty team having to use a timeout to avoid a delay penalty waiting for the flag for the false start. That was just the most obvious of the bad calls in this game and nearly all of them went against the Niners.

The officiated was HORRENDOUS yesterday. It's not the reason we lost, but it was definately a contributing factor, and with their defense playing the way it was, the calls were more than the team could overcome.

The chop block, while technically a correct call, was BS and doesn't get called 1 time in 20. The PI on the interception could have gone either way. I counted at least 3 instances where Suggs was CLEARLY offside (two resulting in sacks) with no call. And a few false starts on the Ravens that weren't called either. (two in a row on their 1st TD drive).

Like I said I am not going to blame the refs for the loss (our Oline gets that credit), but they were clearly assisting the Ravens imo. Hopefully Harbaugh sends in the tape and this team of officials is put on notice that they called a bad bad game.
yea, that chop block call was unnecessary.
suggs was offside all day. i find it hard to believe the ravens didnt get called on any offensive penalties really.
suggs was offside all day. i find it hard to believe the ravens didnt get called on any offensive penalties really.
I agree w/some of your points but we were outplayed and outcoached today and those things make no difference.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
suggs was offside all day. i find it hard to believe the ravens didnt get called on any offensive penalties really.

Suggs looked like he was WAY over the line on several plays before we snapped it. I don't remember it ever being called?...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,251
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
yea, that chop block call was unnecessary.

Just another example of why penalties need to be included under the challenge flag umbrella. Because anyone who watched the play would already see that the RB had already upended the DE before our OL even touched him.
the chop/block was the right call but it seemed like all the flags went againts the Niners
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
suggs was offside all day. i find it hard to believe the ravens didnt get called on any offensive penalties really.

It's called home team advantage. That stupid chop block penalty and PI call really changed the momentum of the game. Regardless of the horrendous Oline play, I think if those penalties were not called, we manage to win the game.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I agree w/some of your points but we were outplayed and outcoached today and those things make no difference.

This
The chop block was not the right call it was actually horrible.
It reads:
"An offensive player tries to cut block a defensive player that is already being blocked by another offensive player. The second block may need to be below the thigh or knee, depending on the code"
Frank engaged the player before Chilo was ever there, he chopped the defensive player to then AFTER THE FACT have Chilo push the player over him aka perfectly legal. If Chilo was blocking the Raven defender and then Frank came in and chopped him sure thats a penalty, but to call that and cost us a touchdown was seriously HORRIBLE!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,710
Originally posted by WINiner:
a team commit a false start, the opposing team point it out, and then the guilty team having to use a timeout to avoid a delay penalty waiting for the flag for the false start. That was just the most obvious of the bad calls in this game and nearly all of them went against the Niners.

The officiated was HORRENDOUS yesterday. It's not the reason we lost, but it was definately a contributing factor, and with their defense playing the way it was, the calls were more than the team could overcome.

The chop block, while technically a correct call, was BS and doesn't get called 1 time in 20. The PI on the interception could have gone either way. I counted at least 3 instances where Suggs was CLEARLY offside (two resulting in sacks) with no call. And a few false starts on the Ravens that weren't called either. (two in a row on their 1st TD drive).

Like I said I am not going to blame the refs for the loss (our Oline gets that credit), but they were clearly assisting the Ravens imo. Hopefully Harbaugh sends in the tape and this team of officials is put on notice that they called a bad bad game.

I could make an argument that we would have won yesterday, were it not for the awful officiating. There were two devestating and game changing calls against us yesterday that should have never happened. For sure the PI was bogus. Regardless, we got our asses handed to us and deserved the loss.
Originally posted by Thrash88:
The chop block was not the right call it was actually horrible.
It reads:
"An offensive player tries to cut block a defensive player that is already being blocked by another offensive player. The second block may need to be below the thigh or knee, depending on the code"
Frank engaged the player before Chilo was ever there, he chopped the defensive player to then AFTER THE FACT have Chilo push the player over him aka perfectly legal. If Chilo was blocking the Raven defender and then Frank came in and chopped him sure thats a penalty, but to call that and cost us a touchdown was seriously HORRIBLE!

This is right, the intent of the cho block rule is so an engaged player is not hit low AFTER he is engaged high,not the Chilo block. But, Chilo was completely lost on several plays. He has had weeks to learn the playbook and scheme and clearly hasn't. That is grounds for being cut in my book, unless he has been working hard and has a learning disability the coaches are trying to overcome or something. Billichik would cut him today!
Should've been OPI on that INT brown was playing the ball while torrey smith had his arm over browns effectively "Arm barring" him that chop block should not have been called either but cmon i didn't expect to win because our line couldn't block a thing out there sure suggs might have been offside sometimes but when alex smith can't finish his dropback without rolling out or getting hit its very near impossible to get any kind of offense going i think they should have utilized screens more not the bubble screens the hb slip screens to slow down the pass rush and get some yards in the process
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
suggs was offside all day. i find it hard to believe the ravens didnt get called on any offensive penalties really.

It's called home team advantage. That stupid chop block penalty and PI call really changed the momentum of the game. Regardless of the horrendous Oline play, I think if those penalties were not called, we manage to win the game.
i'm with you on this those two plays alone are 10 points takein away form us.