There are 217 users in the forums

Make no mistake about it, Fangio was thoroughly out-coached

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I want to say that Harbaugh and Roman were outcoached offensively but ya know what...If the refs don't call those two b******t penalties then the Niners probably win that game.
From what i saw watching the game it seemed that most of the sacks actually came from just 4 to 5 man pressure the blitzes were a factor but the O-line just looked lost out the especially the right i actually didnt even knw snyder was out until i saw the penalty and saw big snuggly 62 out there ,but honestly fangio did blitz at times theyre O-line was winning at the point of attack on s consistent basis lot of our blitzes that we did do wer nullified by there blitz pick up or really quick throws the ravens O really played a conservative game honestly that penalty and int called back really hurt us
and wdf f**k we lose 1 game and people act like its Armageddon geez chill out dudes we are good not everything goes perfect every game 9-2 i repeat 9-2 we ben getting our ass handed to us for almost ten years, theas finally something to truly cheer about and be proud of its not like we lost to the manning-less colts or anything the odds were really stacked against us this past thursday they will only grow from this loss
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The Ravens had ONE td drive in the game. Flacco completed 15 passes for 160 yards (Alex completed 15 for 140 yards).

The defense was fine. We were screwed over by two terrible calls by the refs. One took a SF touchdown off the board and another negated an interception on a Ravens drive that ended with a FG.

Don't understand why people keep calling the chop block a bad call. Harbaugh even admitted it was the correct call and it didn't help our case that chilo was caught shoving pollard in the back.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Sman:
stupid.....they allowed 16 points!!!! in a short week!! This was on the O, and #11....and #62

Yeah, and 16 is too much when your team scores 6. Flacco had WAY, WAY too much time to throw the ball and it amazes me that Fangio couldn't better utilize the talent he had. The defense was entirely predictable and you're going to see more teams attack the 49ers the same way.

Watching the different exotic blitzes that the Ravens applied vs the straight-ahead vanilla defense and seeing the 49ers DL get absolutely dominated at times was a sad sight to see.

I won't even get into the offensive gameplan, the sheer number of retarded runs right up the middle for -2, -1, 0 or 1 yards reminded me of Jimmy Raye more than anything else.

Please tell me who we have on our team who has the caliber of a Terrell Suggs or Ed Reed.

No, on second thought, just tell me what would you have thought of this "exotic defense" if the chop-block didn't occur, and they gave up a 75 yard TD pass.

The bottom line is that for all the sacks that the Ravens had, their defense gave up the big play, and the game was just two plays from being tied.

Teams are going to attack the 49ers the same way? You mean score 16 points and hope the 49ers score less?
Are you really asking for Fangio to apologize for giving up 16 points? If Whitner hits the guy low drive over.
Fangio expressed the need to teach Willis how to blitz. So the 9ers aren't up to speed regarding middle LB blitzing which limits the variations they can use. The Ravens have more blitz packages and are much more seasoned in running them, so we shouldn't try to compare the teams until our LBs get up to speed.

Also, Willis has been the SS/MLB of this team for years, controlling the middle of the field and flying to the edge to make plays. The 9ers need stronger DBs so Willis and Bowman can become hunters...as Ray Lewis calls the pass rushers.
Bottomline, Ravens racked up 9 sacks and kept Alex on the run all game long. The 49ers, how many sacks did they get? Oh yeah, zero. Simply put, Pagano had a much better defensive plan and his team executed it to perfection.

K... Congrats on the monster overreaction... Btw, defense did not lose the game, nor did Fangio.
it happens.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Are you really asking for Fangio to apologize for giving up 16 points? If Whitner hits the guy low drive over.

this, and If the refs didnt bs us on Brown's PI call.
If anything that was offensive pass interference but they shoulda just let that one go. bad call

The refs screwed us that game, dont forget one of the last drives where Suggs basically beheaded Alex by his facemask.
And of course the bs chop block.

Why is this stupid thread still getting bumped? Fangio did not lose this game with his schemes, with the exception of our linebackers not playing deep enough to cover the slants up the middle by Boldin. Apart from that, we smothered the Ravens' running game, which looked pretty explosive relative to our defense. Our offense just couldn't get it done, our line could not block any rush, not matter if we kept our running backs and tight ends in to block. The right side of the line with Chilo and Anthony Davis was abused thoroughly.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Bottomline, Ravens racked up 9 sacks and kept Alex on the run all game long. The 49ers, how many sacks did they get? Oh yeah, zero. Simply put, Pagano had a much better defensive plan and his team executed it to perfection.

K... Congrats on the monster overreaction... Btw, defense did not lose the game, nor did Fangio.

Our coaches got outcoached, but fangio didn't lose the game (MANUSKY STYLE if you remember the last few years)
Your team should be able to win ever time the opponent only scores 16. Especially considering our complete lack of offense.
Fangio was not out coached. It was 6-6 going into the 4th. The D was tired from being on the field most of the time, not to mention only 3 days rest. The D wasnt the issue.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Fangio was not out coached. It was 6-6 going into the 4th. The D was tired from being on the field most of the time, not to mention only 3 days rest. The D wasnt the issue.

they were only on the field 3 more minutes. That is not a lot of time. How about Balt just beat us. A well played game by both D's but one played that much better to win.
Share 49ersWebzone