LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Make no mistake about it, Fangio was thoroughly out-coached

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think this is the first game all year where our 4 man rush didnt get adequate pressure. Other games we have had low sack totals but we were still getting good pressure just that the QBs were getting rid of the ball quickly. Aldon was getting pressure all game, but towards the end it seemed like no one was near Flacco. Hopefully this will show Fangio that we cant always rely on our 4 man rush to get the job done and that we need to send some blitzes to keep the offense honest.
Originally posted by Sman:
stupid.....they allowed 16 points!!!! in a short week!! This was on the O, and #11....and #62

This fell n the o line 100%. The got whipped, man handled, abused, etc. All night long. 9 sack? Ineffective ruching offense? Are you kidding me. Fangio's other Whitner, the defense played solid.
A few other points...

The Ravens may have played their best defensive game of the season They really needed this game to solidy their playoff hopes. They were playing at home on national TV on Thanksgiving and they didn't have to travel. In other words, the Ravens were very motivated, better rested, and had a little more time to prepare for the game. None of these factors should be underestimated.

Also, John Harbaugh may have had a little more insight into how his brother was going to game plan for the game because the two often speak over the phone (and did so frequently when Jim was at Stanford). So, John may have had a slight advantage simply because he has been a head coach in the NFL longer and knows how his brother thinks. Despite his success thus far, I think it is fair to say that Jim is still learning the nuances of being an NFL head coach. Totally understandable.

So...let's give the Ravens credit. They were just better last night....not significantly but better overall.
John H proved he is an elite coach and that his team is a legit contender for a title...

The Niners will come out of this game with better clarity into how they need to improve to move forward so hopefully, this game is a blessing in disguise.

All of the above said, I think that if the Niners play this game at home, they win.

Cheers!
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Nov 25, 2011 at 12:15 PM ]
This D gave up 162 yds passing and 1 TD. Our D was fine we lost because our O.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I think this is the first game all year where our 4 man rush didnt get adequate pressure. Other games we have had low sack totals but we were still getting good pressure just that the QBs were getting rid of the ball quickly. Aldon was getting pressure all game, but towards the end it seemed like no one was near Flacco. Hopefully this will show Fangio that we cant always rely on our 4 man rush to get the job done and that we need to send some blitzes to keep the offense honest.

Good points here, Monster.
Some people are soooooooo IGNORANT! If it wasn't for our AWESOME Defense, Alex Smith wouldn't have a JOB cause we would have lost most games and he would had been BOOOOED again.
They were all outcoached. All I can say is that it happens to everyone. Even to Walsh. So, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it unless it becomes a pattern. The Niners are just fine.
Offense should have been able to put up more than 16 points. I'm putting the blame on the blocking scheme, if your QB is having to bail out of the pocket before he finishes his drop because of 3 way presure coming at him that's not good. The good news is that most teams don't have the personel to play that way and wewon't be facing another team on a 3 day week on the opposite side of the country.
We still held them to only 16 points when our average was around 14.5, I believe. Yes, it was frustrating watching Flacco have all day, and letting them convert all those 3rd downs, but like all other games, the D didn't break. I put this loss on Chilo more than anyone else.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
This D gave up 162 yds passing and 1 TD. Our D was fine we lost because our O.

Exactly.

And Ray Rice got totally contained. The D played great. Flacco got the ball out quickly = no sacks. I would be happy with this performance from the D every week. Well, maybe in our division we can do even better.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
whatever man. Holding a team down to 16 should be good enough. That's right at their league leading points allowed per game average.

Ray Rice said the 49er defense was the best he's faced all year. The person who started this post says that Fangio was out-coached even though the D only gave up 16 points. Who knows more about football, pro RB who just played the game, or over-emotional fan who just watched the game?
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Some people are soooooooo IGNORANT! If it wasn't for our AWESOME Defense, Alex Smith wouldn't have a JOB cause we would have lost most games and he would had been BOOOOED again.

Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Ray Rice said the 49er defense was the best he's faced all year. The person who started this post says that Fangio was out-coached even though the D only gave up 16 points. Who knows more about football, pro RB who just played the game, or over-emotional fan who just watched the game?

If you don't think Pagano by far had a better gameplan, you're absolutely nuts. Fangio's defense shut down Ray Rice, Pagano's defense shut down THE 49ERS. There's the difference, that and 9 sacks and unrelenting pressure on Alex Smith while Joe Flacco was hanging around in the pocket, pleasantly taking his time and making passes on 3rd down after 3rd down after 3rd down to put the game out of reach. What's the point of a 3-4 team that refuses to be versatile and change things up when they simply aren't getting the pressure they need to get?

Instead of Ray Rice busting a long run, the 49ers died a slow bleed with Flacco completing pass after pass to Boldin and their tight-ends, completely untouched and unsacked. Even if the 49ers had tied the game up it wouldn't matter because Flacco would go back to chilling out in the pocket and hitting receiver after receiver with the 49ers defense flailing about helplessly.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 26, 2011 at 8:07 AM ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Share 49ersWebzone