There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

if we win tomorrow and Green Bay loses, do we jump ahead of them in the standings?

Yes or no?
yes we do

we will officially be the #1 seed


Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss


similar teams we play are rams, giants, lions and Bucs


we won against giants lions and Bucs we still have to face the rams twice


the packers still have to play the lions twice and the giants
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:25 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
yes we do

we will officially be the #1 seed


it goes:
1. head to head
2. confrence record
3. record vs similar teams


similar teams we play are rams, giants, lions and Bucs


we won against giants lions and Bucs we still have to face the rams twice


the packers still have to play the lions twice and the giants

Won't some of the so-called experts still put them ahead of us in the power rankings?
Dont worry Det aint going to win. they wil be 11-0 after tonight. it wil be easier to shutdown Megatron Vs all the weapons of GB. IMHO
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
yes we do

we will officially be the #1 seed


it goes:
1. head to head
2. confrence record
3. record vs similar teams


similar teams we play are rams, giants, lions and Bucs


we won against giants lions and Bucs we still have to face the rams twice


the packers still have to play the lions twice and the giants

Won't some of the so-called experts still put them ahead of us in the power rankings?


power rankings is opinions standings is fact we would be #1
49ers will be the first seed if packers lose to lions and we end up with the same record due to better record vs common opponents.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
yes we do

we will officially be the #1 seed


it goes:
1. head to head
2. confrence record
3. record vs similar teams


similar teams we play are rams, giants, lions and Bucs


we won against giants lions and Bucs we still have to face the rams twice


the packers still have to play the lions twice and the giants

What about division record? I though that comes before "conference record?" Losing to the Lions would be a loss in the division. Isn't that a tiebreaker? And we haven't lost a division game. Although we lost a conference game.
If you mean for home-field advantage, the answer is almost certainly yes.
[ Edited by johnnyredneat on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:25 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
yes we do

we will officially be the #1 seed


it goes:
1. head to head
2. confrence record
3. record vs similar teams


similar teams we play are rams, giants, lions and Bucs


we won against giants lions and Bucs we still have to face the rams twice


the packers still have to play the lions twice and the giants

What about division record? I though that comes before "conference record?" Losing to the Lions would be a loss in the division. Isn't that a tiebreaker? And we haven't lost a division game. Although we lost a conference game.

yes youre right my bad
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:
If you mean for home-field advantage, the answer is almost certainly no.

They use the same tiebreaker criteria for home field as they use for wild card seeding. Our tiebreaker with GB, assuming we end up with the same record, will probably be strength of victory. And the weak NFCW will drag us down to the #2 seed.

Home-field/Wild card tiebreakers for two teams
1. Head-to-Head (won't apply)

2. Conference Record (would be even)

3. Common Games (minimum of four) (minimum of four, so their loss/our win vs. the Lions wouldn't play)

4. Strength of Victory (here we lose out, as they have a better division and thus will have better wins)
5. Strength of Schedule
6. Combined Ranking Among Conference Teams (points scored and points allowed)
7. Combined Ranking Among All Teams (points scored and points allowed)
8. Net Points (conference games)
9. Net Points (all games)
10. Net Touchdowns (all games)
11. Coin Toss

So we just need them to lose 2 games and we need to win out for it to be much less complicated?.....
We should since their loss would be in their division.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So we just need them to lose 2 games and we need to win out for it to be much less complicated?.....

Well yeah.

I was wrong originally, we actually share four common opponents with GB. (I forgot they played the Rams this year). So if they lose to either the Lions or Giants, we become #1. Footballoutsiders calculates that we have about a 40% chance of getting the #1 seed. GB has 60% obv.
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So we just need them to lose 2 games and we need to win out for it to be much less complicated?.....

Well yeah.

I was wrong originally, we actually share four common opponents with GB. (I forgot they played the Rams this year). So if they lose to either the Lions or Giants, we become #1. Footballoutsiders calculates that we have about a 40% chance of getting the #1 seed. GB has 60% obv.

they still have to play lions twice and play the giants

oth are pass first teams and they have had trouble against those

we have a realistic chance of getting the #1 seed

although unlikely it isnt a lost cause
in the standings yes. in the rankings, it depends...

if the Lions somehow expose a weakness or the Pack just look like crap

AND

Niners blow out the Ravens

then there is no strong argument against the 49ers being the best team in football.

if the 9ers just squeak by, then ppl will still argue that they are not #1. Packers are still the champs and until someone else wins the SB...etc
[ Edited by Sinsation on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:31 AM ]
Originally posted by global_nomad:
We should since their loss would be in their division.

Yeah I always thought the division loss is one of the first tie breakers. We have a chance to run the table in our division. And hopefully they lose tomorrow because I don't see them losing many more games. But we have a tough one which could make it a moot point. At the Ravens is no picnic.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home