LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 430 users in the forums

Gameplan for a potential NFC Championship game against GB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FGore2121:
Originally posted by andes14:
I'm not sure why fans hate looking ahead. We're FANS. Obviously the players and coaches shouldn't look ahead but there's no consequence if WE do...

exactly. whats the point of this message board if we cant talk like this? we arent playing the game. who cares if we look ahead? its fun to talk about

because looking ahead IS exactly what causes our fans (especially on this message board) to be so quick to cry when we lose a game. You guys are setting yourselves up for a GB matchup but what IF we don't beat the Saints? Then you guys will suddenly believe our team is the worst in the NFL and the threads in ninertalk will be unbearable....
Originally posted by verb1der:
NEW ORLEANS AND GREEN BAY ARE SCARED OF US BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY'RE GOING TO GET HIT IN THE MOUTH AND THEY KNOW IT! THEIR ASS IS GRASS!!!

yeah, i understand how your feel it.. same me bro.. I can tell you for one things.. you need no worries about New Orleans and Green Bay when they are dangerous the offense scores. Be relaxing with your mind and just be fun.. Don't be breath in your heart.. just thinking about it.. .. I am sure the 49ers know about New Orleans and Green Bay. No worry about it.. We have lucky PWillis can kill them for bad hurt. I hope they will must scare of PWillis! Let's go PWillis and 49ers!
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
because looking ahead IS exactly what causes our fans (especially on this message board) to be so quick to cry when we lose a game. You guys are setting yourselves up for a GB matchup but what IF we don't beat the Saints? Then you guys will suddenly believe our team is the worst in the NFL and the threads in ninertalk will be unbearable....

Eh whatevz, if I find a thread unbearable I just choose not to participate in it...no skin off my back.
Jennings, Jones, Driver, Nelson, Finley

One of these guys is gonna be open. Doesn't matter if our guys matchup well against them, its likely that AT LEAST ONE of these guys will be wide open on a given play.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by FGore2121:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by Happs:
I am hoping the Packers get upset in the Divisional round!! That would be fantatic. Then we would have the NFC Championship at home, assuming we win the first game.

Could happen. I remember when we played minnesota in 87. We were supposed to own them and we were clearly the best team in the league. Would love to see that happen to GB.

so would it be potentially the Saints @ SF in the NFC Title game?
i don't think that can happen based on the seeding.

no. It would be saints vs niners in the divisional round. 49ers vs whoever beats the packers in the nfc championship.... Cowboys vs Niners?

cowboys won't beat the packers lol

Lol.. .. Yeah.. If Cowboys would beat the NY Giants on sunday night then Cowboys wont beat the packers in the 2nd round playoffs..
Originally posted by niner4life21:

One of these guys is gonna be open. Doesn't matter if our guys matchup well against them, its likely that AT LEAST ONE of these guys will be wide open on a given play.

Seldom are all 5 in the game at the same time.
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by Super5:
New Orleans Offense NFL rank SF 49ers Defense NFL rank
passing #1 passing #17
receiving #1 receiving #20
rushing #9 rushing #1
td's #2 td's #1
scoring #2 scoring #1
total yds #1 total yds #4

pass def is the one weak link in a otherwise stout 49ers defense
and they haven't faced an elite offense yet so I think this could be a winnable but very tough game

That's like saying "both of Adrian Peterson's knees are in great shape, except for the left one" or "Peterson's left knee is the only one of his knees that isn't feeling great right now." There are only 2 aspects to defense - pass D and run D. Saying that one of them is the one weak link isn't really being complementary of thr overall d, which I assume was your intent. I don't think any Jags fans are rejoicing because they got an OUTSTANDING offense, outside of, you know, their passing O...

But btw for the record I don't agree.

Sure their Defense overall is very good and
their "pass D" does make plays:int's,fumbles,etc but the "fact" is they're ranked #17 out of 32 teams while their run D is ranked #1
so if the "pass D" is not the weak link then I don't know what else to say except

Giants are gonna beat the packers in the 2nd round anyway so why do we have this thread?
If the 49ers play their game, they will win. Win the field position game, create turnovers and score, don't make mistakes, and keep the ball in front of them and strip the ball.

Originally posted by niner4life21:

Yeah, I shock it that KC did beat the Green Bays because without Jennings? that is why.. i made right it because.. We must hit so hard them on Green Bay WRS "Jennings, Jones, Driver, Nelson and Finley" when they should scare it or Hits hard on QB "Rodgers" for both! . I know the Green Bay weak is!! u know what i mean? i knew it..
Bad luck, stop it..........
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
NEW ORLEANS AND GREEN BAY ARE SCARED OF US BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY'RE GOING TO GET HIT IN THE MOUTH AND THEY KNOW IT! THEIR ASS IS GRASS!!!

yeah, i understand how your feel it.. same me bro.. I can tell you for one things.. you need no worries about New Orleans and Green Bay when they are dangerous the offense scores. Be relaxing with your mind and just be fun.. Don't be breath in your heart.. just thinking about it.. .. I am sure the 49ers know about New Orleans and Green Bay. No worry about it.. We have lucky PWillis can kill them for bad hurt. I hope they will must scare of PWillis! Let's go PWillis and 49ers!

Yup, the last time we played the Saints in the regular season, we broke their running back's leg, and they had to get a new one. It came down to the final drive at the very end, and guess who was coaching the 49ers, Singletary!

And the last time the 49ers faced the Green Bay Packers in the regular season, Alex Smith threw 3 touchdowns, and guess who was calling the plays, Jimmy Raye!

This year, they are in big trouble.
The other reason N.O. doesn't scare me, even if you disregard how incredibly NOT built they are to play outdoor football on grass deep into winter, is the simple fact that is often overlooked that we have been so unbelievably dominant at home this year! The one game we lost, we had neither starting receiver, and Madieu Williams was playing for Goldson and he probably single handedly blew the game and we STILL should have won but fell by a mere 3 points in OT. Our other 7 home games, we won by 16, 45, 10, 7, 16, 26, and 17 points. The NYG game was the only game that was even good enough to not be a yawner in the 4th quarter - and they were 6-2 and had just come off a win IN New England (Brady's first regular season home loss in 5 years ). Straight up we flat out ball at home. Our o-line dominates at home. Our pass rush is bananas at home. I don't care how good another team is, if they come to the stick, I am NOT worried. And, oh ya, like I said, New Orleans is horribly constructed to play particularly well outdoors on grass deep into winter.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Yup, the last time we played the Saints in the regular season, we broke their running back's leg, and they had to get a new one. It came down to the final drive at the very end, and guess who was coaching the 49ers, Singletary!

And the last time the 49ers faced the Green Bay Packers in the regular season, Alex Smith threw 3 touchdowns, and guess who was calling the plays, Jimmy Raye!

This year, they are in big trouble.

Yes, i remember that we played the Saints in the last regular season. We lost games but still good close for race scores and NO got spread for many yards for one mins left then goal that win! We failed the defense that NO won it. I don't remember the 49ers vs Green Bay Packers in the regular season. I seen the Packers always beat the 49ers in the playoff all the times because i have counts it.

Ur said, this year, they are in big trouble that means is 49ers?? I think 49ers probably a big trouble for against Green Bay Packers in the playoff this year. But, i don't scare about it.. bring it on and come here! Let's go 49ers!
Share 49ersWebzone