There are 183 users in the forums

Gameplan for a potential NFC Championship game against GB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
NO is like GB on steroids right now.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
I am hoping the Packers get upset in the Divisional round!! That would be fantatic. Then we would have the NFC Championship at home, assuming we win the first game.

Could happen. I remember when we played minnesota in 87. We were supposed to own them and we were clearly the best team in the league. Would love to see that happen to GB.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Happs:
I am hoping the Packers get upset in the Divisional round!! That would be fantatic. Then we would have the NFC Championship at home, assuming we win the first game.

Could happen. I remember when we played minnesota in 87. We were supposed to own them and we were clearly the best team in the league. Would love to see that happen to GB.

weird s**t happens in the playoffs all the time.

so would it be potentially the Saints @ SF in the NFC Title game?
Blitzing won't work well vs GB unless it is a long passing situation. They run the quick passes to perfection.

We have the team to beat them and that's max cover with only 4 rushers. Force Rodgers to hold onto it a second longer and let our front 4 at em.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GoNiners:

i don't think that can happen based on the seeding.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

no. It would be saints vs niners in the divisional round. 49ers vs whoever beats the packers in the nfc championship.... Cowboys vs Niners?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Blitzing won't work well vs GB unless it is a long passing situation. They run the quick passes to perfection.

We have the team to beat them and that's max cover with only 4 rushers. Force Rodgers to hold onto it a second longer and let our front 4 at em.

We don't blitz in general and no DB has a single sack all year. And most of our LB's sacks are more the result of a quarterback scrambling all over the place and winding up getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage, not because said 'backer's assignment was to rush the passer.
Originally posted by FGore2121:

no. It would be saints vs niners in the divisional round. 49ers vs whoever beats the packers in the nfc championship.... Cowboys vs Niners?

pssshhhh cowboys arent beating the packers in gb, s**t they might not even beat nyg sunday. it would be nyg coming to sf for championship game, i would not be surprised in the 3rd possible meeting this yr by the falcons and saints that the falcons pull off the upset at the superdome and them facing gb and detroit going into ny and beating the giants thus making a schwartz vs harbaugh rematch in the divisional rd
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by Joecool:

We don't blitz in general and no DB has a single sack all year. And most of our LB's sacks are more the result of a quarterback scrambling all over the place and winding up getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage, not because said 'backer's assignment was to rush the passer.

I know, which is why us against top QB's is so intriguing.

Originally posted by andes14:
Well, assuming we beat the Rams (that should be safe to assume, no?), we only would have ONE game in between us and the Packers. And considering that the Saints are bad enough outdoors in winter to lose to the putrid Seahawks last year, I don't see them beating us.
New Orleans Offense NFL rank SF 49ers Defense NFL rank
passing #1 passing #17
receiving #1 receiving #20
rushing #9 rushing #1
td's #2 td's #1
scoring #2 scoring #1
total yds #1 total yds #4

pass def is the one weak link in a otherwise stout 49ers defense
and they haven't faced an elite offense yet so I think this could be a winnable but very tough game
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I think our passing D is better than what the stats show. The fact that teams cant run against us, forces them to throw much more.
Originally posted by Super5:
New Orleans Offense NFL rank SF 49ers Defense NFL rank
passing #1 passing #17
receiving #1 receiving #20
rushing #9 rushing #1
td's #2 td's #1
scoring #2 scoring #1
total yds #1 total yds #4

pass def is the one weak link in a otherwise stout 49ers defense
and they haven't faced an elite offense yet so I think this could be a winnable but very tough game

That's like saying "both of Adrian Peterson's knees are in great shape, except for the left one" or "Peterson's left knee is the only one of his knees that isn't feeling great right now." There are only 2 aspects to defense - pass D and run D. Saying that one of them is the one weak link isn't really being complementary of thr overall d, which I assume was your intent. I don't think any Jags fans are rejoicing because they got an OUTSTANDING offense, outside of, you know, their passing O...

But btw for the record I don't agree.
[ Edited by andes14 on Dec 29, 2011 at 5:05 PM ]
We will need to sacrifice a virgin with a heart of gold.

Tebow will do.
Originally posted by FGore2121:

cowboys won't beat the packers lol
Share 49ersWebzone