LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 187 users in the forums

Gameplan for a potential NFC Championship game against GB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
New Orleans really scares me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by HarryPeterson:

they are scary in the NO Dome.. I think our ugly field of candlestick gives us a advantage if new orleans wins in the wildcard and plays us at home, but first things first we need to win against st.louis.
I just want to see the niners slam the door SHUT on the Packers and their season they way they did it to us in 90's so many times. Doing it in their house would make it so much sweeter.
I'm not sure why fans hate looking ahead. We're FANS. Obviously the players and coaches shouldn't look ahead but there's no consequence if WE do...
Originally posted by andes14:
I'm not sure why fans hate looking ahead. We're FANS. Obviously the players and coaches shouldn't look ahead but there's no consequence if WE do...

exactly. whats the point of this message board if we cant talk like this? we arent playing the game. who cares if we look ahead? its fun to talk about
Originally posted by andes14:

The 49ers were not even supposed to make the playoffs this year and we're talking championship against GreenBay?
that would be a major upset and great for us but I just don't see the logic in looking that far ahead when we haven't watched one playoff game yet.
To look that far ahead and dismiss other teams the 49ers would have to play first is not wise and is like jinxing the niners in my opinion.
But hey,to each his own.

gO niners
We need to clinch the bye first then worry mostlikely about NO.
Originally posted by Super5:
The 49ers were not even supposed to make the playoffs this year and we're talking championship against GreenBay?
that would be a major upset and great for us but I just don't see the logic in looking that far ahead when we haven't watched one playoff game yet.
To look that far ahead and dismiss other teams the 49ers would have to play first is not wise and is like jinxing the niners in my opinion.
But hey,to each his own.

gO niners

Well, assuming we beat the Rams (that should be safe to assume, no?), we only would have ONE game in between us and the Packers. And considering that the Saints are bad enough outdoors in winter to lose to the putrid Seahawks last year, I don't see them beating us.

To be honest, I'm more scared of NO than GB.

All this talk about being able to beat GB is premature. I dunno if the Niners can beat NO.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

All this talk about being able to beat GB is premature. I dunno if the Niners can beat NO.

were 1 win against the Rams away from being in great shape. NO is scary at the Superdome, but at Candlestick we can beat them. we almost beat them last year on MNF at the stick, and we sucked last year.

NEW ORLEANS AND GREEN BAY ARE SCARED OF US BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY'RE GOING TO GET HIT IN THE MOUTH AND THEY KNOW IT! THEIR ASS IS GRASS!!!
Originally posted by Niners99:

were 1 win against the Rams away from being in great shape. NO is scary at the Superdome, but at Candlestick we can beat them. we almost beat them last year on MNF at the stick, and we sucked last year.

I think we CAN beat them. I just dunno if we WILL beat them.

What do the Niners do best? Stop the run. Play field position. Force teams to drive the length of the field and sustain offense without a running game.

Thats why they are #1 vs the run and # 20 (or so) vs the pass. Teams HAVE to pass between the 20's just to get in position to score. Thats why they give up more yards passing....the team they play ALWAYS has alot of green field in front of them.

The Niners bank on you not being able to sustain those drives several times a game and live off forcing you to make a mistake while playing conservative on O so you never give up easy scores or field position (+26 TO diff.).

Well....while the Saints CAN run the ball, they don't NEED to run it. They can live all day on quick passes to simulate the run game and get the ball off before the Smith brothers from Mizzou can get there.

Who scares me the most? Darren Sproles...possibly the only RB in the NFL who can outrun both Willis and Bowman.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 29, 2011 at 12:31 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
NEW ORLEANS AND GREEN BAY ARE SCARED OF US BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY'RE GOING TO GET HIT IN THE MOUTH AND THEY KNOW IT! THEIR ASS IS GRASS!!!

Bermuda or Kentucky Blue?
I think we CAN beat them. I just dunno if we WILL beat them.

What do the Niners do best? Stop the run. Play field position. Force teams to drive the length of the field and sustain offense without a running game.

Thats why they are #1 vs the run and # 20 (or so) vs the pass. Teams HAVE to pass between the 20's just to get in position to score. Thats why they give up more yards passing....the team they play ALWAYS has alot of green field in front of them.

The Niners bank on you not being able to sustain those drives several times a game and live off forcing you to make a mistake while playing conservative on O so you never give up easy scores or field position (+26 TO diff.).

Well....while the Saints CAN run the ball, they don't NEED to run it. They can live all day on quick passes to simulate the run game and get the ball off before the Smith brothers from Mizzou can get there.

Who scares me the most? Darren Sproles...possibly the only RB in the NFL who can outrun both Willis and Bowman.

Their offense is COMPLETELY different outdoors, especially in the winter. Oftentimes, arm strength on a QB is an overrated quality, however, in the cold/wind, it's not. Drew Brees normally makes up for his lack of a cannon with great touch and accuracy, sans elements. But weather elements will affect him drastically. Balls will sail on him and not go exactly where he wants them to. Their receivers will not be as quick and fast as they are on artificial turf. Again, if Seattle beat them in the playoffs last year, we should certainly beat them, especially with a week off.

Brees on grass has only thrown one fewer pick than on turf (despite obviously WAY fewer games on grass) and 23 fewer TD's. His rating is over 20 points lower. Outdoors he's thrown 17 fewer TD's and 3 more picks than indoors. On the road he's thrown 7 fewer TD's and 3 more picks. In other words, he's merely a good quarterback in those scenarios, not the otherworldly one he appears to be when the total body of work is taken into account. And essentially their only receiver whose abilities won't be drastically diminished playing on grass is Colston. But I don't see Colston as the type of receiver who we'd struggle with anyways.
The OP makes it far too complicated. Personally, I think the key to success is scoring more points.
Share 49ersWebzone