There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis makes it into 49ers history books

Vernon Davis now has 34 TDs and ranks first in 49ers history for receiving TDs for a tight end.
http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/138395440122044416

Congrats VD.

Keep it up.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Nov 20, 2011 at 3:26 PM ]
it into
crazy. The best niner T.E. evar I guess.

congrats VD

Honorable mention to Mike Singletary
he's also the first NFL player in history to successfully play the game without hands
I was kinda bummed to see Jones' record fall, but I'm very happy for Davis. Let's try to get that record doubled, ASAP!

Good call on Singletary, TonyStarks. While there isn't much good to be said for Singletary's tenure, his reclamation of Davis was pretty amazing.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
he's also the first NFL player in history to successfully play the game without hands

he's an inspiration to stonehands around the world.
Soooooo ..........hard...........to..........turn...........body.............must.............get...........hands........to.........ball........aaaaarrrggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Stop waxing those muscles and start hitting the catch machine bro.
What a beast.
LMAO, not only that, he goes down faster than Brent Jones and a cheap hooker! Just once I wish he would lower his pads and run over somebody.
Brent Jones was a stud. Its amazing that VD has already passed him. I make jokes about his hands and stuff but the guy is a good player who can still get better. I want to see him more involved, and more consistent.
Brent Jones was a stud. Its amazing that VD has already passed him. I make jokes about his hands and stuff but the guy is a good player who can still get better. I want to see him more involved, and more consistent.
I completely agree about him being a stud as is VD but Jones had those bird legs and always seemed to go down at first touch. He could teach VD how to catch the ball though. At least Jones had bird legs, VD has no excuse.

Props to VD. I hope he continues to add to that over the next few years
I'm happy for him, glad to see him get a spot in 49ers history