LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Over/Under: Alex Smith finishes the season with 20 TDs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Over/Under: Alex Smith finishes the season with 20 TDs?

Originally posted by Jakemall:
The only over/under I'm concerned about is 1 or 0 superbowl rings this season.

exactly, this stats crap has to stop, they aren't playing FF and why anyone cares about stats other than the W/L stat boggles my mind.

Tebow went 2 for 8 for f**k sakes and won a game, that's all that mattered to the team. The fans and the media care waaaaaay too much abut this s**t, and in the end, it doesn't matter and doesn't decide the W/L record for each team.

Fantasy Football has ruined some fans perception of what matter the most in a league where a team only plays 16 games in one season, and thats the W's...
[ Edited by King49er on Nov 17, 2011 at 6:26 PM ]
20-22 tds me thinks
over
he's going to have a couple of 3+ games....ravens and steelers.
i think under. we clinch early and kap will get more playing time
Originally posted by captveg:
Over, mainly because we play the NFC West 5 times out of the 7 games.

Agree 100%
Originally posted by King49er:

exactly, this stats crap has to stop, they aren't playing FF and why anyone cares about stats other than the W/L stat boggles my mind.

Tebow went 2 for 8 for f**k sakes and won a game, that's all that mattered to the team. The fans and the media care waaaaaay too much abut this s**t, and in the end, it doesn't matter and doesn't decide the W/L record for each team.

Fantasy Football has ruined some fans perception of what matter the most in a league where a team only plays 16 games in one season, and thats the W's...

Yeah but some teams have Cam Newton and we have a SSSUUUUKKKKOOOORRRZZZ QB who throws under 300 yards. Cam Newton can throw 430 and lose. And it's a much prettier loss than our wins...
Gonna be close. I say over because I think we'll begin to open it up a bit more on offense as Alex continues to become more comfortable. Plus we're starting to get receiving weapons healthy.

However another factor could be that we play a weak schedule and might be doing a lot of running to kill clock time.
Another good question would be O/U 6 Interceptions.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Smith throws 1-2 TD's a game and there are only 6 games left, so I'm gonna say under.

19-5 TD/INT
Originally posted by Next9erDynasty:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
He'll get to 20+. I think he'll have some 2-3 TD games down the stretch....esp against the NFC west.

I hope that Harbaugh runs up the score on Seattle, then goes for 2 in the 4th QTR.

Id love to see the handshake after that game

All i care about are the wins but when i saw the stat from that denver game i lol'd so hard
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah but some teams have Cam Newton and we have a SSSUUUUKKKKOOOORRRZZZ QB who throws under 300 yards. Cam Newton can throw 430 and lose. And it's a much prettier loss than our wins...

So mike vick throws for a career high against us and still lost. It's not about the qb it's about the team. If everyone is on the same page, and playing togather; you have a much better chance, then one star player to win a game.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Fair enough then why didn't they keep it close last year when we played them? We blew the Cards out both times. 27-6 with TROY SMITH and 38-7 (or something) with Alex.

Just don't see them keeping it close. Seattle IN Seattle...that maybe close. Last year when they came to our house we beat them 41-20 or something...this year 33-17. But in their house it might be different.

The Rams could be a toss up. We'll see. I still think we beat them.

I definately think some of these divisional games come down to the wire. Unfortunately the last couple of weeks our division has gotten better. Seattle is becoming a tough place to play for anybody. Arizona seems to hate us with a passion and although we have owned them for a few seasons, barring last season when they also stunk, now the shoe is on the other foot. Now they are the ones with nothing to lose and we are the playoff caliber team and have everything to gain, so I expect a tough game if not this Sunday then on their turf and the rams usually always play us tight.
Share 49ersWebzone